PDA

View Full Version : solid E06-0313 error

dataman001
04-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Just running along fine until it stopped with the E06-0313 error.
Cleaned the machine very thoroughly and the z-axis motor sensor etc.
Still getting solid error when I turn the machine on an go to any project.

Apparently there is something more solid causing the error.

Is the an error manual someplace where on can follow the steps to diagnose these problems? Sure would be handy!

I am open for ideas! Thanks -Ray

AskBud
04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Just running along fine until it stopped with the E06-0313 error.
Cleaned the machine very thoroughly and the z-axis motor sensor etc.
Still getting solid error when I turn the machine on an go to any project.

Apparently there is something more solid causing the error.

Is the an error manual someplace where on can follow the steps to diagnose these problems? Sure would be handy!

I am open for ideas! Thanks -Ray
Here is one link: http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/maintenance/CW_ErrorCodeList_10_10.pdf

What chuck are you using? It could be that your bit is too long or short.
It indicates a "Z" problem.
AskBud

dataman001
04-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I was using the 90deg bit and was carving the 4th test pattern for some road signs using different fonts. It was right in the middle of it when it stopped.

dataman001
04-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Any ideas how to clear this error. It doesn't go away.

Digitalwoodshop
04-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I would pull the card and reformat it and load designer or the operating system on the car first. Could be a bad card.

Remember the operating system of the machine is loaded on the card.

Are you using any dust collection? Is the machine frame grounded to the dust collector. Static Build up could cause this.

Remove the back of your Z Encoder and blow the dust out...

Check the Encoder Wheel to be sure it does not spin free on the shaft.

Walk us through what the machine IS doing step by step... Is the fault there as soon as you turn on the machine?

Tell us where the code shows up.

Could be a loose data cable, broken wire in the big wide FFC Cable, The FFC Cable is pulled at the Z Motor and shorting wires......

Could be the Power Supply or the computer....

Let us know.

AL

You could always call me and we can walk it throught.... Number is on the bottom of my web page.

dataman001
04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
I took out the flat cabe and metered it for continuity and shorts and everything meters OK. Reinstalled it into the machine and restarted the project and it ran!!!! Then I staarted a second project and almost immediately got the solid E06-0313 error again.

I say solid because I can shut the machine off and back on and choose a project and press start and there it is again. It doesn't go away.

So is my conclusion right that I must have a bad flat cable even thought it metered OK?
It doesn't appear that one can take the connectors it slide into appart to inspect for dirt and the cable definatley seated solidly in each connector.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Ray

Digitalwoodshop
04-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Time for someone to make a FFC Cable Tester..... Plug it in both ends into a box with 14 LED's and the trick it to move the cable around and watch for a LED to Flicker signaling that a wire is broken inside the flat cable and touching end to end... Move it and it un connects... Hence the ERROR...

Malking it long or big enough so you could test the cable while it was still on the machine would be best....

The last machine I bought frustrated the owner to the point of selling the machine.... All I fixed was replacing the FFC Cable... It was too short so when it went to the Bit Flag the FFC Cable was tight. It pulled the wires appart....

I lay the new cable over the old cable to get the bends in the correct place.

AL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSnKFNyXVlk

dataman001
04-08-2011, 07:37 AM
I could do that! Just need the connectors! Doubt the market would be big enough to play with it though.

The flat cable is only $2.81 so it makes sense to have a spare or two on hand so next time you order be sure to include the flat cable in your order. Good insurance since they seem to break a lot. My flat cable was less than a year old and I do not work the machine to death.

dataman001
04-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Finally got my new FFC cable and replace it and I still get SOLID E06-0313 error as soon as I choose a patern.
Guess it isn't the cable.

I can not believe that CarveWright doesn't have a diagnostic manual that would lead the user down a path of checks and yes or no's to determine what is wrong. I am well over a week behind in the things I had planned for this machine because of the lack or diagnostic information. Just guessing and purchasing needless parts does not sit well with me. I am not sure how many of you can run businesses with this product and not loose money (in time lost). OK Sorry - I am done with my rant!

OK anyone have an idea where I go from here? The error is solid so some basic thing must be missing like a voltage or connection etc that would cause an instant SOLID E06-0313.

dataman001
04-18-2011, 07:23 PM
The z motor has no resistance when the machine is turned on so apparently it is not getting and voltage.
Swapped out the flat cable with another new one - no difference.

Took off the z motor and plugged it into the y motor terminal and it has resistance to movement when I turn on the machine so the motor checks out.

Metered the two connections on the flat cable board and have no voltage.

Will look at replacing the Head Termination Electronics Board Assembly and if that doesn't fix it I guess I am looking at the Controller Electronics Board Enclosure Assembly.

So continues my quest to get my machine running!
Ray

mtylerfl
04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Hello Ray,

So sorry you're having problems. Did you call and speak with a CarveWright Tech? What did he say about possible causes for the problem? Usually, they will take you through a series of checks over the phone to narrow down the possibilities. I sure hope you get up and running again soon.

bil381
08-28-2012, 07:52 PM
I was having the same problem today and this was the solution.

Here is one link: http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/maintenance/CW_ErrorCodeList_10_10.pdf

What chuck are you using? It could be that your bit is too long or short.
It indicates a "Z" problem.
AskBud