PDA

View Full Version : 1.178 & Centerline

jaroot
04-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Am I the only one who is having problems with Centerline and 1.178? Suddenly all of my Centerline letters have flurishes on the ends that weren't there before and don't show up in designer.

Is there a fix for this or do I need to "upgrade" back to 1.171?

mtylerfl
04-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Am I the only one who is having problems with Centerline and 1.178? Suddenly all of my Centerline letters have flurishes on the ends that weren't there before and don't show up in designer.

Is there a fix for this or do I need to "upgrade" back to 1.171?

That's interesting. The "flourishes" are coming from when the V-bit is raising up at the corners to create a (normally) nice sharp corner miter - looks like it is not raising up enough to clear the board surface. What font is that? I would like to try a test and see what happens at my end. (You could also post an MPC if you wish.) Is this behavior showing up on ALL fonts you use?

jaroot
04-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi Michael

The font in the examples is "Century Gothic" but I'm also having the same issue with "Vrinda." I checked the Vrinda one because I just carved a sign with it last week and it went fine. But now the new carve has the same "flourish" problem. I backed down to 1.171 both designer and firmware and it didn't make any difference.

I noticed that the letters on the "Vrinda" example are much thinner than they were before so it kind of looks like it isn't carving deep enough on the rest of the letter to match the "flourishes".

Maybe a calibration issue?

Thanks.

Digitalwoodshop
04-02-2011, 10:07 PM
I have had that happen..... When the Text is Designed with a V90 Bit and CUT with a V60 Bit.....

Let me know.... Ding Ding ding... Do we have a winner.... Pilot Error.... Loaded a V60 when you should have loaded a V90....

AL

mtylerfl
04-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Yessir - you got it, AL. Planned to do a 'test carve' demo confirmation to show the two versions ('right' bit - 'wrong' bit) side by side, using the same font in the example, unless it really was doing it on ALL fonts. Then it wouldn't matter for the example - 'wrong' bit inserted each time instead of intermittently!

jaroot
04-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Man, you guys are good! That's exactly what happened. I guess I'll try to recarve and see what happens. Not much to loose as it really looks like..... anyway.

Thanks again guys!

Digitalwoodshop
04-03-2011, 09:31 AM
It's only because I had done the same thing myself... With 4 machines and thousands of carving hours.... there is lots of time to make mistakes and see stuff the normal person does not bother to look at or listen too....

I forgot to mention the other day when I started the carving machine and ran the first board through measuring the X sounded like it was Warbling... Slowing and speeding up ever so slightly.... Looked and the forward belt was rolled under.... A quick 1/2 inch rip and back to normal.... It is just being in tune with the machine.... Become ONE with the machine....

AL

CarverJerry
04-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks Al, now we all know to keep our eye opened and pay attention to not only our projects and how we design them but to READ the display on the machine as it tell you exactly what TOOL to use. Call it... A Lesson Learned by others Mistakes...

CJ

Capt Bruce
04-03-2011, 10:18 AM
I have had that happen..... When the Text is Designed with a V90 Bit and CUT with a V60 Bit.....
AL

Once again Obie Wan Al you have helped us feel and use the CW Force. I can relate to the getting in tune with your machine even using my Mickey Mouse ears while carving, one learns to detect the subtle changes in the tone. Thanks

jaroot
04-03-2011, 11:15 AM
In my case it was pure laziness! I rarely use the 60 degree bit so when the machine called for the 90 degree I just grabbed the conical shaped bit that was in the bit adapter and shoved it in. It never even crossed my mind that it wasn't the 90. I couple of seconds of checking would have saved me hours of work and troubleshooting.

Thanks again guys. This forum is what makes the CW work!