PDA

View Full Version : Head Pressure still too high

Oldtrainerguy
04-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey all:

Hope you fine craftsman of the north are finally thawing out to carve.
I need some expert advice again. I have worked all day trying to get the head pressure to settle in at the prescribed poundage. My machine is still reading anywhere from 100-125 on the scale. I have loosened the screws 9-10 times as stated in the instructions to no avail.
It kicks boards out and will not stay at 75-85 for any reason.
Rubber traction belts , latest updates QT machine 6 mos old. Usually adjusting the pressure is a breeze but not this time. Cleaned and lubed the screws and posts with lithium grease.
Clutch will not engage until higher pressures reached.

Old Salt
04-02-2011, 07:14 PM
take off handle and oil washer behind it.

liquidguitars
04-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I like to encourage users to try a new approach to this issue. load the board off center.. crank down the table and check by lifting up on the long end of the board or sled. like a work truck full of wood you should have a little play in the springs... same for the carvewright. do this each time you carve and you should reduce the slippage 80% of the time.

If the board is spitting out of the unit you could have a dirty roller sensor, at the key pad select 07 and page down to see..

Oldtrainerguy
04-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Yea: I have tried cleaning the roller sensor ( the back one ) with air by lifting the rubber gromet and blowing it out repeatedly will take your other advice and then maybe oil the washer

Oldtrainerguy
04-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Tried to get the handle screw out. Wont come out Wants to strip.

Frederick_P
04-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Looks like you have identified the problem. Could be something seized in there. Sounds like a job for copious amounts of WD-40. Take the side cover off so you can work on it better and get the WD-40 in from the back side.