PDA

View Full Version : Stored Compucarve

MrFTAMan
04-01-2011, 10:43 PM
I have my Compucarve in storage for over two years. It has its plastic cover over it and was kept in one of my bedrooms. I used it a few times before storage and I always cleaned it out after each use.
Now I am planning to start using it again, but wondering if there is anything I need to do to this machine before using it? Is there areas I need to lubricate?
I have been updating the Designer software each time it became available.
Thanks!

fwharris
04-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Since it has been in a controlled environment you should not have to many issues but it would not hurt to lube the flex shaft, Z and Y rails and corner posts. Also do a check on your head pressure..

Old Salt
04-02-2011, 09:39 AM
That sounds good but in the last years flex shaft needs new lube type , chain lube with MOLEY ,ck for lube instuctions.

MrFTAMan
04-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Since it has been in a controlled environment you should not have to many issues but it would not hurt to lube the flex shaft, Z and Y rails and corner posts. Also do a check on your head pressure..
How do I check on my head pressure?

Kenm810
04-02-2011, 01:39 PM
A Bath Room scale is what most folks have been using,
I picked up one that fit the machine fine, $12.00 at Meijers.
I check my Roller Pressure very 3 or 4 carving. -- 85lbs would be just about perfect.

MrFTAMan
04-02-2011, 10:20 PM
So I just put the scale into the Carvewright and lower the head until it start clicking and see what the weight (pressure) read? This is a new one to me!

mtylerfl
04-02-2011, 10:41 PM
So I just put the scale into the Carvewright and lower the head until it start clicking and see what the weight (pressure) read? This is a new one to me!

Hello,

Here is a link you may find helpful. It's where you can download documents that describe a variety of techniques for maintaining your machine - including measuring head pressure, etc.

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm

Also, the Tips & Tricks ISSUE 4 January 2008 (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWright_Tips_and_Tricks_Jan08.pdf) (plus several others issues) have tips for maintaining your machine, as well. The link to all the Tips Newsletters is below my signature. Hope that helps you get going again - trouble free!

MrFTAMan
04-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Thank you guys for your info on this matter. I am looking forward getting back into this hobby.