PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Artwork?

Buford T Justice
01-11-2007, 12:31 AM
I had an idea which some may find interesting, I purchased an old bible (in German and I don’t read German) because I loved the old engraving artwork.

I thought it might reproduce well in wood. Allowing for cultural and religious differences. If anyone would like to see some please let me know?

BobHill
01-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Buford T,

The first one should cut pretty well is you do an Outline Pattern, then do some manual corrections to the "thin" spots. You should get a good silhouette cutting out of that. But the second one isn't going to carve very well at all. Remember that cutting is vector (first one), but carving is done in shades of gray to establish carving depth. Your engraving established visual depth by applying closer dots, but all the dots are the same color, which means it would be like making the image in wood on a drill press with the depth stop set all to the same depth and you apply the drill to a pattern of dots.

Bob

Buford T Justice
01-11-2007, 10:52 AM
You are right, after I posted the art and looked at it. The wood block prints, I love them but they may take too much work to clean up to work well. I picked a favorite, which might not be the best example.

RE Line art: There was a Nun from NM, Sister Jean Dorcy, who was known for her "Sissor Art" which was very detailed, Some of her stuff might be reworkable into a nice pattern.

Thank you

Tim

BobHill
01-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Now that "sissor art" Buford T would work just fine. Take a photo of it, then with proper manipulation in something like PhotoShop Import it into Designer, and Outline Pattern, which will do a great job of performing a cutout in wood of that same sissor art.

Bob