PDA

View Full Version : A couple issues with machine

robandpat
03-29-2011, 10:29 AM
The first issue was message saying to close cover even though the cover was already closed. Now the issues are 1. the traction drive continues to run and can only be controlled with on/off switch and 2. the z-truck stays in locked position on the side of the plate. The machine has been thoroughly cleaned and lubed. Any suggestions?

cnsranch
03-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Close Cover is "usually" an alignment/adjustment issue with the switch and lid- do a search, with the quote marks - "Close Cover" - you'll get tons of advice.

Can you move the head manually WITH THE MACHINE OFF without any resistance?

Exactly what are you in the process of doing when the belts continue to move?

robandpat
03-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks for responding so quickly, I will research the "close cover" issue. Yes, I can move the head manually without any resistance. I'm not doing anything at the time - as soon as I turn the switch on, the traction drive belt starts and continues until I hit the off switch - no response from the panal commands.

Old Salt
03-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Boy don't you hate it when the tec says "thats a new one"

Try cleaning out back roller S/W on back roller right side looking in sawdust will hang it up .

PCW
03-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Yes, I can move the head manually without any resistance. Normal when machine is powered off.

Traction drive belt starts and continues until I hit the off switch. Check the brass roller to see if the o-ring is on and in good shape. Also is your board a least .500 thick?