PDA

View Full Version : *.MPC to *.*

Z-clip
03-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Is there a converter to transmorgify an .MPC file to .DFX, or even better .3DS,,, Or best of all .MAX?

Thanks for your time.
-Z-

-Why make it simple and good when it can be complex and wonderous?-

atauer
03-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Z,

The .MPC file extension is a proprietary file extension. As far as I know, there is not any software capable of converting to a different file extension.

RMarkey
03-29-2011, 10:24 AM
With the stl importer & pattern editor upgrades, you can export patterns to STL files.

liquidguitars
03-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Designer does a really good job of converting the files to STL.. one thing i love to see is a compiled version of the MPC file that would be the combination of Designers vectors and raster influence into one file tht could be exported to STL.

Alex, now i know why the bug reports seem thin you need to push the software a little more. <smile>

lynnfrwd
03-29-2011, 11:28 AM
With the stl importer & pattern editor upgrades, you can export patterns to STL files.

Don't you have to be the "owner" of the pattern? If the .mpc uses a licensed pattern, then it cannot be exported...correct?

liquidguitars
03-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Don't you have to be the "owner" of the pattern? If the .mpc uses a licensed
pattern, then it cannot be exported...correct?

Yes naturally. Basically just click on your raster and the PE will come up, then save out as STL.

TerryT
03-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Right C, it has to be exported from the pattern designer. You can't get it into pattern designer unless it is your pattern. That is, unless I missed a trick somewhere.

lynnfrwd
03-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Right C, it has to be exported from the pattern designer. You can't get it into pattern designer unless it is your pattern. That is, unless I missed a trick somewhere.

Pattern Editor....

TerryT
03-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Fingers had their own ideas.

Z-clip
03-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Ah good, off to get the scanning probe. Thanks again folks.

-Z-

-Chaos, panic, disorder. My work here is done.-