PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on these items...

Durtdawber
01-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Can someone answer a few questions for me about the following items.

The dimensions of these items are 11" x 14" x 1.5" with the carved out areas roughly 3/4" deep.

1. Can the CarveWright produce these items...easy or hard?

2. How long would it take to make each of these items?

pkunk
01-10-2007, 09:34 PM
If you'd post the mpc files, as you designed them instead of a jpg, one of us could tell you.

Durtdawber
01-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Here ya go...

pkunk
01-10-2007, 10:06 PM
All on normal quality as best would be overkill & would take considerably longer
Buckle-2hrs
Bullet -1 hr 17 min
Button- 3 hrs 51 min
Misc- 1 hr 49 min

Matthew
01-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Sorry for the late response to this, but one thing to be aware of. Since this cutting is being done with a round bit spinning on it's central axis, the corners of your boxes will not be square. They'll be pretty close, but not exact. In fact, if these squares are cut with the carving bit, then the squares will be slightly wider at the top than at the bottom because the bit is taped. In order to get straight edges, you'll want to use the 1/8" cutting bit and use a series of overlapping rectangles to cut out your space which would also probably be faster than using the carving bit anyway. That will unfortunately leave more of a round corner than the 1/16" carving bit, but at least the edges will be true vertical.
I haven't looked at your model, but I've assumed that you created a rectangle and then used the carve region option.
Just a heads up, though a bit late.