PDA

View Full Version : Flag Case for a Retirement

lilskip
03-27-2011, 04:12 PM
This is a flagcase I made for one of the Gunny's that retired last week. This machine just lets me make my stuff better. haha.

Capt Bruce
03-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Very nicely done David. I'm sure the Gunny will display it in his home with pride.

Digitalwoodshop
03-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Excellent Work !!!!

Quality like that could keep you very busy....

AL

FCC(SW) USN Retired

lilskip
03-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Everyone loved it at the ceremony. And yes I do stay busy with just word of mouth around base. I've never advertised or nothing. Heck I just finally made business cards acouple of months ago haha. Gald you all liked it. Do you think 65 was to much to charge for it? Not trying to cheat anyone especially my fellow Marines.

jaustin
03-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Everyone loved it at the ceremony. And yes I do stay busy with just word of mouth around base. I've never advertised or nothing. Heck I just finally made business cards acouple of months ago haha. Gald you all liked it. Do you think 65 was to much to charge for it? Not trying to cheat anyone especially my fellow Marines.

Beautiful case!!
You do need to charge more.
Is that for a 3x5 flag?

CarverJerry
03-27-2011, 06:30 PM
That is a very good price. Look at the work you put into the project and the time it took. Great job David

easybuilt
03-27-2011, 06:33 PM
David, Those are beautiful!! You do wonderful work and great creativity. If anything I think your price was too low but I am sure they appreciate the reasonable price and quality workmanship.

lilskip
03-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Yes it is for a 3x5 flag. I normally charge 40 for a plain flag case with out the lid and center section. those you put the flag in from the back. All I added to my original design was the hinged lid with the EGA in the center. I have also done one with my units patch in the middle. What do you think a reasonable price would be to put on these?

lawrence
03-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Excellent work, I charge approximately double what you do for pieces (significantly less for junior enlisted folk) Your work is OUTSTANDING and is priced approximately the same as the cheap mass produced stuff sold in the BX that is imported from the far east (not that there is anything wrong with stuff from the far east, it's just that your work looks significantly better)
Does your price include the brass plate? If so, that is waaay underpriced.

Thanks for sharing, and great job
Lawrence

lilskip
03-29-2011, 06:45 AM
The brass plates are extra because some people want to put half the bible on a plate. but I get them done rather cheap here, that one was like $7 I think. so the total was $72 for the whole thing.