PDA

View Full Version : Another e-bay seller!

Ike
03-26-2011, 03:34 PM
There is another person selling commercial patterns on e-bay! I know for a fact one buck head profile came from Carvebuddy and another from Vector Art 3D!

Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/17-Wildlife-Patterns-Compucarve-Carvewright-Deer-Duck-/320674345703?pt=Routers_Bits&hash=item4aa9ae32e7

I found another with BJ'S pattern and from other members! Here is the link for it, http://cgi.ebay.com/Over-50-Transportation-Compucarve-Carvewright-Patterns-/220759568459?pt=Routers_Bits&hash=item33664bb04b

Ok this is getting crazy here is the main page with another, http://cgi.ebay.com/Over-50-Compucarve-Carvewright-Western-Patterns-/220755253718?pt=Routers_Bits&hash=item336609d9d6

Ike

mwhatch
03-26-2011, 06:32 PM
I saw several from vectorclip3d also.

sk8nmike
04-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Post your complaints to e-bay. I've gotten one pirate taken down, and there's another I reported today. There are some really good artist out there willing to let us use their work in our carvings, let's try to keep them around.

mtylerfl
04-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Thanks for reporting this, Ike. I have filed a report with eBay requesting they remove the offending items immediately and is a violation of intellectual property/copyright as far as CarveBuddy is concerned. There were four CarveBuddy patterns being sold without our authorization. I have also sent a message to the seller letting him/her know that we won't hesitate to prosecute, if necessary. Hopefully the seller and eBay will cooperate and do the right thing.

Frederick_P
04-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Michael, I have pursued court action against those who have copied my images and won. It seems that in today's world, just because something is digital, people seem to have a sense of entitlement about copying them. It is up to the artists to follow through as there are no copyright police, but if you do, make sure that you make a point that others will pay attention to. I have a case coming up in the beginning of May against an individual who copied my images and posted them on his Facebook page. I have filed a claim for $25,000.00 and expect that the judgement will be close to that. Don't just complain, make sure that they, or their friends, understand that there are real consequences.

BTW... how are the Oleanna patterns coming along?

CarverJerry
04-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Maybe someone should put up an acution for "free" on eBay in the same area where these other are, that shows where anyone can get these same patterns for free ( http://www.cwpatterns.com/ ) from Jonnys site. And speaking of Jonny has anyone heard if he is still working on the site. He had such a great start, hope he doesn't give up on us.

CJ

mtylerfl
04-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi Frederick,

Yes. Very good advice - follow-through is essential if we really want to squelch the violators. People don't understand that each copyright violation carries its own individual penalty ($$) per violation, so the amount a person can be fined will become very, very significant in a short period of time. In other words, it is worth it to pursue a habitual violator (unless they are overseas - then it becomes nearly impossible).

Oh yes, the Oleanna patterns! I was just talking to a fellow in Arizona the other day about them. He's been requesting old-style pinup patterns for awhile now (and classic car patterns, too). If I can just get a little more caught up...so behind on my pattern-making and the list grows daily. I'm making progress, but seems new/unexpected projects "interrupt" the flow all too often. We'll get there, though!

Frederick_P
04-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Oh yes, the Oleanna patterns! I was just talking to a fellow in Arizona the other day about them. He's been requesting old-style pinup patterns for awhile now

Michael,
let me know what pinup images you need. Don't worry about the problem of having the CW store split up any of the sales. I trust you and a sales report would be enough for me to verify the sales. It doesn't have to be complicated. The serial number scheme on the CW site is great for discouraging wanton copying. It would be helpful if that was implemented for everyone who creates patterns. Maybe there is a programmer out there who could help with this.

mtylerfl
04-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks, Frederick. Yes, we could do that. What I was trying to avoid is having to keep track of everything myself, cut checks, mail them out, etc. - kinda wanted the "automatic" split-pay (like the CarveBuddy split-pay setup). However, you and I have been waiting for almost two years now, so it may be beneficial to simply move forward. I like the copy-protection scheme that CW has. It's proprietary and would be very difficult to crack (I've been told it's "water-tight"). I also need to look into my shopping cart at CarveBuddy - there is a way to serial number everything, but I was avoiding that because it adds another layer of 'complication' for customers. Although, that's six one way, half a dozen the other - the CW system requires an additional step to activate the patterns so it's really no difference now that I think about it. Not sure how "water-tight" my shopping cart's service serial number/licensing would be, but it's worth looking into!

Frederick_P
04-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Michael,
Go ahead and publish the Oleanna pattern you have already made. I am in no hurry for cheques. Every four or six months would be fine. I'm just anxious to get some patterns that don't have fish or bears in them! :-) If anyone on this site has any requests, I am sure I can create the images for Michael that he needs. As long as it has broad appeal and not too specific (that is, if Michael can make it worth his time to make the pattern) then I am sure he would try to fit it into his busy schedule.

mtylerfl
04-06-2011, 02:09 PM
... I'm just anxious to get some patterns that don't have fish or bears in them! :-)...

Well, maybe we could have Oleanna pose with some bears or fish? (kidding!);-)

mtylerfl
04-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Michael,
Go ahead and publish the Oleanna pattern you have already made. I am in no hurry for cheques. Every four or six months would be fine. I'm just anxious to get some patterns that don't have fish or bears in them! :-) If anyone on this site has any requests, I am sure I can create the images for Michael that he needs. As long as it has broad appeal and not too specific (that is, if Michael can make it worth his time to make the pattern) then I am sure he would try to fit it into his busy schedule.

Hi Frederick,

I have submitted the first Oleanna pattern to the CW Pattern Depot, so it should be available for purchase in a few days (or less). I am posting the test carve of this pattern below, for those who may have not seen it before.

chebytrk
04-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi Frederick,

I have submitted the first Oleanna pattern to the CW Pattern Depot, so it should be available for purchase in a few days (or less). I am posting the test carve of this pattern below, for those who may have not seen it before.

Dude ! That clay pot is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!! : )

gregsolano
04-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Really nice pattern, good job.

dougmsbbs
04-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Clay pot? What clay pot? I didn't see no clay pot.... Oh! There it is!!! (grin )

Ben Coleman
04-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Am looking at going to the conference 2011. Do not own a compucarve but have been thinking of trying it for 4 years. Would the conference help in my making a good decision Ben

mtylerfl
04-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Am looking at going to the conference 2011. Do not own a compucarve but have been thinking of trying it for 4 years. Would the conference help in my making a good decision Ben

Hi Ben,

It will be a real pleasure to meet and talk with you. I hope you will be able to attend. There will be literally dozens of us that are more than happy to help you and answer any questions you may have. Plus, you'll have a "front row" seat, so to speak, to learn about what the CarveWright can do and how to get the most out of it!

lynnfrwd
04-07-2011, 03:19 PM

There will be workshops for both the beginner and advanced, so YES...by all means. I don't think you will be the only one there looking at buying a machine.

Ben Coleman
04-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Michael T. Thanks for the encouraging response, It seems that with people like you who are positive and helpful it will be a very, very, good idea to go. Your carve buddy logo is unique. Sorry that I used the Compucarve name instead of the Carvewright name. Just learned of the process at a compucarve at a sears demo about 4 years ago.
Ben

Frederick_P
04-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Michael,
I see from the responses that this might be a popular pattern!:rolleyes: Should I send you some more images or are you swamped at the moment? For those that are wondering, I have carved this several times and the contours are beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest!

Attached is an image of a project I made with this.

mtylerfl
04-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Michael,
I see from the responses that this might be a popular pattern!:rolleyes: Should I send you some more images or are you swamped at the moment? For those that are wondering, I have carved this several times and the contours are beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest!

Attached is an image of a project I made with this.

Hi Frederick,

Hey, I'm always "swamped", but I wouldn't have it any other way! Yes, by all means send whatever you think will be suitable. It will be good to have an assortment to choose from and get back to modeling some nice and very unique patterns.

mtylerfl
04-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Michael T. Thanks for the encouraging response, It seems that with people like you who are positive and helpful it will be a very, very, good idea to go. Your carve buddy logo is unique. Sorry that I used the Compucarve name instead of the Carvewright name. Just learned of the process at a compucarve at a sears demo about 4 years ago.
Ben

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the kind words. I am looking forward to meeting you! (No problem regarding the "CompuCarve" name - both my machines were purchased from Sears about four years ago and have the Craftsman logo on them - although I do have "CarveWright" plastic nameplates that can be used as overlays on the existing nameplates!)

chebytrk
04-07-2011, 03:59 PM
What would be cool is to purchase the pattern, make the same type box that Frederick has made, then have the picture that the design was made from AND have Oleanna sign the picture! Place the picture inside the box then $$$$$$$$$$$$ No, that might be too expensive then huh? : ) Dude! hey I'm an ol' G.I. so let me just run with this. ha ha Just joking sir Frederick .... all meant in fun and no disrespect.

Frederick_P
04-07-2011, 05:05 PM
What would be cool is to purchase the pattern, make the same type box that Frederick has made, then have the picture that the design was made from AND have Oleanna sign the picture! Place the picture inside the box then $$$$$$$$$$$$ No, that might be too expensive then huh? : ) Dude! hey I'm an ol' G.I. so let me just run with this. ha ha Just joking sir Frederick .... all meant in fun and no disrespect.

Hey, Oleanna is proud to have fans! No offense taken. And if I might take this opportunity for a shameless plug, then you can get an original Oleanna print from our Art Gallery and Store (see link on signature).

www.carvenow.com
04-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I remember back then when I post some nude art carving similar to this and got my post removed :( and also slapped with a violation of being offended for using the word "close-minded".

Nice work BTW!

About the ebay seller, there are so many ignorant people now a day!

Frederick_P
04-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I remember back then when I post some nude art carving similar to this and got my post removed :( and also slapped with a violation of being offended for using the word "close-minded".

Nice work BTW!

Still got the pattern???

TerryT
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM

Nice work BTW!

Ha! Yep, the good ole days!

mtylerfl
04-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Hello,

The Oleanna pattern is now available at the CW Pattern Depot.

www.carvenow.com
04-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes Sir I do.

Frederick_P
04-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Yes Sir I do.

Hmmm.... couldn't find it on your store. Where should I be looking?

www.carvenow.com
04-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Hmmm.... couldn't find it on your store. Where should I be looking?

Oh, I'm sorry but it not for sale though. It was made for someone else. I'll see if I can make a deal with them and let you know. Sorry about that.

mtylerfl
04-10-2011, 07:50 AM
There is another person selling commercial patterns on e-bay! I know for a fact one buck head profile came from Carvebuddy and another from Vector Art 3D!

Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/17-Wildlife-Patterns-Compucarve-Carvewright-Deer-Duck-/320674345703?pt=Routers_Bits&hash=item4aa9ae32e7

Ike

I just wanted to follow up on this. I filed an official report with ebay notifying them of copyright infringement on the part of the seller. They sent me a form to fill out and fax to them, and I just received notification that they removed the listing. Good for them for doing the right thing! Here's a pull quote from their email to me...

" We are pleased to inform you that the following listing(s) you reported have been removed from eBay in response to the Notice of Claimed Infringement you recently sent:

eljefesupremo1964

We have notified the seller and all participating bidders that the listing(s) has been removed due to your request. "

Thanks again, Ike, for letting us know about this in the first place!

Capt Bruce
04-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Bravo Michael for following through on this and letting us know that eBay does clean up after thieves. Well done Sir!

TerryT
04-25-2011, 09:25 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAFTSMAN-CARVEWRIGHT-COMPUCARVE-OVER-250-PATTERN-CD-/180592493495?pt=Routers_Bits&hash=item2a0c26c3b7

You can't keep a good ebayer down. Or is this a different guy?

eelamb
04-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Terry that is the original seller. No one whose patterns he is using has come forward to get rid of him, as MT did with one of the other sellers.

jaroot
04-29-2011, 03:34 PM
I recognize at least one of the patterns as one that one of the legitimate sellers offers as a free pattern. The problem with the other people not complaining about this is that without buying the CD you don't know whether or not one of the patterns is yours.