PDA

View Full Version : This outta be simple enough

crash5050
03-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Here is what I would like to do:

Take a rectangle, Put some words in the middle of it, carve out everything but the letters and a 1/8th inch border. I can't figure that in this software.

David

Digitalwoodshop
03-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Look for the Key Chain Posts from about 4 months ago.....

It's a Font....

AL

cnsranch
03-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Here is what I would like to do:

Take a rectangle, Put some words in the middle of it, carve out everything but the letters and a 1/8th inch border. I can't figure that in this software.

David

Make the rectangle, click on the rectangle, make it a carve region, add your words in the rectangle, make them raster, give the carve region the depth you want, make the text the height and depth you want. Carve your project.

crash5050
03-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Ok, I drew a rectangle, but now there is no carve region option

AskBud
03-25-2011, 07:27 PM
I've sent you a private message.
AskBud

Alan Malmstrom
03-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Carve region is under the tool menu. You may also want to play with Select Bit under the Tool menu also. If you want to make a 1/8th inch border you will need to make two rectagles. the outer one would have the select bit option and the inner rectagle the carve region. Then click the T text tool and put the text in and drag the nodes to size it. You may also create a black and white jpg image and then import it into the designer software. That would be easier. you see any black color in the jpg would be raised and the white paart would be low. then you could set the depth to the image while it is selected to whatever you want. to work with things they must be selected.

crash5050
03-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Qould one of you guys look at this and see if is going to cut the way itlooks?

David

AskBud
03-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Qould one of you guys look at this and see if is going to cut the way itlooks?

David
I'm making a list of suggestions. You have my phone number, so call if you wish (it's 937-667-####).
AskBud

crash,
1) Unless you are using a sled, or a wider board, you will get aborts from having the machine carve away the top edge of your board (rail). The pressure rollers will drop and cause the abort.
2) Your text seems too proud (high). Remember you're placing it on your carve area, and apply an Additive Merge. I would also apply Text Spacing of 10 or 12 as well. Both of these applications will avoid chipping and over-carve of the text.
3) Your symbol could have similar chipping which may best be avoided by applying a small or medium Draft.

See how you like your modifications.
AskBud