PDA

View Full Version : Font is not showing in "text" font list

Azbear
03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
I can see and open all of the fonts in the windows font list, but when I open the designer font list, the ones I need are not there.

Can anyone explain how to get needed windows fonts to designer text font list?

lynnfrwd
03-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Designer looks at the same font folder that MS Word, Excel or any other program looks at, but they will only do TTF (TrueType Fonts). If you have two computers, they may not have the exact same fonts on each. You can copy the TTF file and put it in your Font folder.

AskBud
03-24-2011, 04:09 PM
The other thing to remember is when you add new fonts, you must re-start the PC before they activate in the CW-Designer section.
AskBud

jaroot
03-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Actually with WinXP you only have to restart "designer" for the new fonts to appear.

The other thing to remember is when you add new fonts, you must re-start the PC before they activate in the CW-Designer section.
AskBud

lawrence
03-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Win7 you only need to restart designer as well--
Lawrence

Digitalwoodshop
03-25-2011, 12:43 AM
With Win 9.0 you just say "Computer..... Load Font".... As per Scotty..... Remember the Movie..... Computer?..... Star Trek....

Ok.... Shoot me.... It's 1:45 AM and I just finished some Fire Artwork and was feeling Gitty....

Another $1K job....

AL

Capt Bruce
03-25-2011, 04:13 PM
It sounds like you're knocking them out of the Park Al. Congratulations Sir.

Azbear
03-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks to all who helped me out with this one. I think it was the designer restart. I now can see my font showed up in Designer. I guess only smart people hang out here, huh?
Thanks.