PDA

View Full Version : File type question?

jaustin
03-21-2011, 11:26 AM
What is the difference in n .mpc file and a .ptn file?

lynnfrwd
03-21-2011, 11:50 AM
An .mpc is a Designer Project file, which may include elements such as patterns, text, carved regions, etc.

A .ptn is the extension for patterns which are carved in the raster carving method such as those in the Pattern Library.

mtylerfl
03-21-2011, 02:41 PM
What is the difference in n .mpc file and a .ptn file?

Hello jaustin,

You may not know about the 250-ish page software manual yet. Here is the download link...
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Manuals/CarveWright_Software_Manual.pdf

All the file types are described in Chapter 3: Software Basics, page 33

Also,the file types were covered/described in a Tips & Tricks issue at some point - I highly recommend you read the Tips issues, as time permits - it will help you avoid mistakes as well as teach you a lot about your machine, software techniques, etc. The link for the Tips & Tricks is below my signature. I hope this helps!

jaustin
03-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks got the link.
Do you know if you can buy that manual?
I like to have it so I can look at it while using the computer instead of switching back and forth.

I had to pay to get the operator manual printed and spiral bound, I really like it better and makes using it easier.

mtylerfl
03-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Thanks got the link.
Do you know if you can buy that manual?
I like to have it so I can look at it while using the computer instead of switching back and forth.

I had to pay to get the operator manual printed and spiral bound, I really like it better and makes using it easier.

Hello,

The software manual is a PDF download only (no actual book for sale). I believe Office Depot accepts PDF files directly and could print the manual out for you at a reasonable price - maybe three-hole punch the pages and put in a standard binder? I know a lot of folks have printed and compiled all the Tips & Tricks in 3-ring binders.

BTW, I'm behind on the new series of Tips & Tricks at the moment - Jan/Feb/Mar 2011 - but as soon as I can wrap up a few other pressing items, will get back on track so folks can resume filling their binders!

jaustin
03-22-2011, 10:37 AM
I kinkos is around $30 dollars to print it and spiral bind it. That will be my next thing to do.

I have all the tips and tricks saved plan on getting that done also, those may go into page protector in a binder.