PDA

View Full Version : Question on conforming vector software

myshop1044
03-21-2011, 08:31 AM
I have been playing around with conforming vectors demo.
My question is, will centerline text work in a drill hole fuction or just in a region fuction
with confroming vector ?
I want to do a 3" dia region or drill hole with a nice taper around the top of the hole. It appears on screen that the taper in a round region will have the a non smooth taper.
So I did a 3" dia drill hole, place a 3" circle over the drill hole using a 90 deg bit .125 deep to make a tapper for the hole, but the text does not appear under conforming vectors in the drill hole.

Is there any work arounds before I buy the software?
A customer wants make some coasters out of the same decking material and give to his customers that have bought a new deck.

any comments would be great.

Myshop

CarverJerry
03-21-2011, 06:44 PM
IF you post your file I'll see what my program can do, I have the purchased version for the conforming vector program.

CJ

PCW
03-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Is this kind of what you are trying to do?

myshop1044
03-22-2011, 11:10 AM
CJ I know the conf. vect. will work in a carve region, I as just wandering if it will work in
a drill fuction. From what I see in the demo, it does not because it is not a region.
Anyway drilling a 3" dia hole is much faster that carving one. Anyway give it a try and
let me know if the full verison does something different.
On the project I have a carve 3" region and 3" drill hole, I could not save the project with the
confroming vector demo attached, so you will have to enter some text, a letter or 2 yourself.

thanks
Myshop

CarverJerry
03-22-2011, 07:38 PM
I tried also but no luck getting it to stay there. So you must have the correct answer on that....nope. sorry
But now maybe someone else can make it work....I'm not exactly the best using the designer yet.....

CJ