PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Warranties

Earthharp
03-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Wanting to purchase the C this weekend, but can't decide on which warranty, Standard 1 year, or Extended 2 year. Can I get some thoughts on this from some of you who have machines already?

jaustin
03-19-2011, 03:57 PM
I would get the longest warranty I could,

I purchase my carvewright at lowes and payed $300 for a 4 year additional warranty.
Figured what we payed for the machine i better keep a warranty on it as long as I can.

lynnfrwd
03-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Wanting to purchase the C this weekend, but can't decide on which warranty, Standard 1 year, or Extended 2 year. Can I get some thoughts on this from some of you who have machines already?

So, were you one of the many that purchased this weekend? I don't know where you are located, but hope you can make the conference in May!

qsligh
03-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I got the "B" model with 23hrs on it, and cannot get a warranty or and extened maint. plan, so if I was you, I'd get the longest warranty your pocketbook can bare. It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it becasue the latter will cost you double when the times comes. I think that mean time between failures are getting lower as they make improvements on the machine. This is evident by the offering of an extended warranty now.

DickB
03-27-2011, 07:46 AM
I'd spend the money on a dust collection system before I'd put it into an extended warranty. Less likely to need the latter with the former.

qsligh
03-27-2011, 09:52 AM
DickB,
That makes good sense. I wish the folks at LHR would as stated earlier, come out with one that they've sanctioned to work with the unit that will not void any warranties or cause any undo errors overall. I am all for DYI, but an investiment of this magnatude warrants a bit of caution. At least from my prespective.

cestout
03-27-2011, 02:59 PM
It all depends on if your good at fixing things and understanding how things work. I would go with a 1 year because if something is actually defective it will show up by then. After that you can probably fix anything on the machine for less than the warranty would cost. I just cost me under $50 to put a new gear and bearings in my Y drive and new brushes in the cut motor. A while back, just out of the 1 year warranty, a Y truck bearing froze (the adjustable kind so I ordered one of each at $10 each+ shipping, but I got it unfroze with light machine oil and some twisting. Still good after maybe another 100 hrs and I still heave the spares. It is really not that hard to do repairs and as was pointed out on another post, people are not talking about machine problems as much anymore - much more reliable now.
Clint

dvoigt
03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm a firm believer in NOT buying extra warranties just because they aren't a typically a good value, from a business standpoint you know they are coming out ahead or they would go broke. But I'm just the new guy...