PDA

View Full Version : Giving Up want recommendations

rhmakoto
03-18-2011, 03:23 PM
I have two carvewrights and both are down. One a z stall and the other y ? It seems I'm that I should go back to hand carving. I love the idea but I haven't the time to maintain the tool. Should I sell on E-bay or on the Forum. Both machines have very little hours on them. I have extra parts, bits, belts and scanning probe-most are new...

cnsranch
03-18-2011, 03:44 PM
I'd do a little homework and figure out just what your machines are worth (or, are selling for) before posting them for sale. Some come through here, but you are dealing with some fairly savvy buyers here, vs. somewhere else.

That said, there are always folks here looking for additional machines, they won't be afraid to tell you what they think they're worth.

lynnfrwd
03-18-2011, 03:51 PM
They're also good at helping you fix your machines!

Digitalwoodshop
03-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Since you have been a member since 2007 like me... You may have a machine or machines with the old 18 pin FFC Flat Cable.... That can cause some problems..... A 14 pin version replaces it and is called the Z Bundle...

I have posted the pictures many times and you can find it by searching "Z Bundle".
Using the " " to make it work.

Reading Tips and Tricks will help....

More than likely Dry Grease and Dust is causing your problems and a good cleaning and lubrication is all that it needs.....

Or you can sell them for the going price of about $500.00 broken or less.

You must be motivated to learn the machine and make it work. If not, then your better off selling it.

WE are hear to HELP.... You can always call me.... My number is at the bottom of my Webpages.

Good Luck,

AL

gashawk
03-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Don't give up rhm42991akoto, the CarveWright has lots to offer for your time. The stalls I find are sometimes easy to fix with just another try.
And the detail...with no sanding.42989The z drive belt was torn on the two big dogs,changed to the CarveTight on the small dog and shells.

Azbear
03-28-2011, 05:21 PM
If you sell your machines here or elsewhere, make it completely clear to the potentail buyer(S) what is exactly included in your package. Example, if you have 5 bits, make sure to call out each bit. If they are in the adaptors, state that as well. If you have a card reader in the package but, not a card, state that too. Just a few examples. State everything.

I mention this as I was taken for a few hundred bucks because a person withheld partial payment because he assumed he was getting everything that comes with a new machine. I'm glad that one is over.