henry1
03-17-2011, 12:29 PM
I have friend that that ask for something different here what she said
what can i get for a friend that quilts & teaches quilting, something different
any help out there would be well appreciated
Henry

dougmsbbs
03-17-2011, 01:35 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is a carved quilt rack. Maybe with her name on it? Just an idea...

lynnfrwd
03-17-2011, 02:11 PM
A caddy for threads and sewing supplies. Maybe Carving & her name at the top with holes to insert dowels to hold multiple spools of thread and cubby at the bottom for misc. items like scissors, etc. more carvings on cubby front.

atauer
03-17-2011, 02:23 PM
I was thinking of something similar Lynn. Kinda like a small kit/box to carry some of her supplies in. I am designing something similar for my "electronics workshop" to hold small spools of wire and some of my electronics tools: wire strippers, soldering iron, etc.

dougmsbbs
03-17-2011, 02:40 PM
<The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese....>

Thats all so true, atauer. But that whole early bird things a desirable outcome only if your the bird. Looks a lot different from the worms perspective. Always two sides to every issue... :)

cnsranch
03-17-2011, 03:51 PM
AW has posted his quilt racks somewhere around here. MPC's may even be available....

Maybe here?

http://forum.carvewright.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4659&d=1185125505

Digitalwoodshop
03-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Yes, that is my Quilt Rack... It became a CD and Book Rack at a Customer's Request then when I was going to a Wine Show.... Became a Wine Rack.....

Sadly, I have given away more Quilt Racks than I have sold..... Like for Library and Fire Dept's Quilt Raffles.

The Wine Rack pattern is also in the Pattern Thread here along with the Clocks.

AL

henry1
03-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Thank you for the ideals Al how wide is it and how big are the runners across and thx for the pattern
Henry

henry1
03-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Yes, that is my Quilt Rack... It became a CD and Book Rack at a Customer's Request then when I was going to a Wine Show.... Became a Wine Rack.....

Sadly, I have given away more Quilt Racks than I have sold..... Like for Library and Fire Dept's Quilt Raffles.

The Wine Rack pattern is also in the Pattern Thread here along with the Clocks.

AL
Hey AL did you get my message on the size of the quilt you make