PDA

View Full Version : Full 3-D Carving. When?

Dennik
01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
There is a thread in the FAQ section regarding cylindrical carving. Its written that connections are already in place for a 4th axis add on.
I'm really happy that this product is made in a modular way of thinking.
Any word as to when this add on will be available? (This year? Next year?)
Will it indeed be an add on, or will it be a different product?

BobHill
01-09-2007, 05:31 PM
I suspect that true 3D might well be even longer than a year, but who knows in this world. Look at all the new gadgets being touted as we speak at the CES show in Las Vegas. Each year, I drool, but of course reaching for my wallet isn't easy when they have heavy chains with my wife attached at the other end :roll:

Bob

Dennik
01-09-2007, 08:26 PM
I suspect that true 3D might well be even longer than a year, but who knows in this world. Look at all the new gadgets being touted as we speak at the CES show in Las Vegas. Each year, I drool, but of course reaching for my wallet isn't easy when they have heavy chains with my wife attached at the other end :roll:

Bob

Tell me about it. I just told my fiancee today about CarveWright and she said i was weird. Hmmm, i guess its out of the question this year :( . Ah well...

BobHill
01-10-2007, 08:18 AM
At least my wife didn't call me weird (over the CW, at least) <g> or even for buying the 3D probe. Perhaps when the true 3D comes along she'll not think that is weird either, but I won't put that on her now, that's for sure.

Bob

Dennik
01-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Oh trust me, if she realizes what i'm able to do with it....
Jewelery boxes, toys for the kids, signs, picture frames, Christmas ornaments, all kinds of knick knacks, and even small furniture, she will be saving money along with me to buy it! :)

BobHill
01-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Good plan ! <g>

Bob

Digitalwoodshop
01-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Don't forget about the Home 911 number signs..... Presents for Wife's Friends.... Fire Department Bingo's..... Donate one as a Bingo Prize.... See what happens.... People that go to Bingo are just looking for places to spend the money.... And Fire Departments push for proper 911 numbers.
Speaking of 911 signs... 3M makes a stick on reflective tape... Put tape down on the wood and rout house numbers with the numbers being left high with reflective tape still on them....

I can't wait to get one... Left wanting in NE PA...

Anyone heard when they will be available???

Lots of Luck. AL

digitalwoodshop@aol.com

BenCraig
01-22-2007, 05:15 AM
Anyone heard when they will be available???

I completed the contact form at http://www.carvewright.com/contact.html with some questions. On 1-15-07, I got the following email reply from a member of the Support Team regarding availability: 'Sears will be getting the first of our incoming shipments and will have them in stock in about 2.5 weeks. If you prefer to order directly through LHR the wait is about 4-6 weeks.' With all of the horror stories in which I've read about Sears distribution and delivery, I've decided to get mine directly from LHR.

She also stated, 'We do take pre-orders for the machine although we do not take your payment information until the machines come in.'

Therefore, on 1-16-07, I called the 713-473-6572 # and I had my name on the pre-order list in just a couple of minutes. I was informed that there are over 80 people on this list already. The very pleasant young lady who took my pre-order stated that once LHR gets the CW in stock, I will either receive a phone call or an email to notify me.

My motto of customer service in my business is, 'Do WHATEVER IT TAKES to please the customer, without hindering the integrity of the company or it's product.' LHR seems to be doing the same. To that, I tip my hat.