PDA

View Full Version : Why Use Centerline Text?

DKD
03-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Hi, Just curious as to what the benifits are when using centerline text as opposed to carving text with the standard pattern designer and 1/16 bit?

cnsranch
03-16-2011, 08:48 AM
FWIW, here's a couple of projects you need Centerline for....

atauer
03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Excellent examples Jerry!

Centerline is a different routing style for text on the machine. It provides a much smoother cut, using a 60 or 90 degree v bit. What the software package does is take the tip of the bit that is being used, and follows the center line of the font that you are using, hence the name Centerline.

With regular raster text, you have to be careful with the way the project is laid out, as you will more than likely encounter issues with text chipping away during carving. There are ways around this, but your best solution is doing the text in Centerline.

Dan-Woodman
03-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Also Centerline only takes about 1/10 the time to carve verses raster.
later Daniel

cestout
03-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Centerline holds up better in the weather for an outdoor sign. Also. with Conform, you can achieve impressive artwork. Look at the Christmas presents to my 11 grandkids I posted in the gallery in Dec. If you put lettering on a domed area, using Centerline and Conform the dome can be more pronounced - like to the surface from a .375 depth. If they ever get it pasted, look at the Treasure Chest project in the Pattern Store. The project requires Centerline and Conform.
Clint

DKD
03-17-2011, 12:00 AM
cool.. guess i'll be buying centerline and some new bits. thanks guys.