PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Error 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Reboot Machine

archy
03-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Help!!! I have been carving for some time now with not much trouble, thanks to a 1200 cfm dust collector. Guys, this is one of the best investments a guy could make. It eliminated so many bugs and problems until now. I just upgraded to 1.178 firmware and started a carve. I have had to start the carve over going on 4 times now. It just carved for the longest one so far, about 3 hrs. It is a 9 hour total time carve. It will measure the board and start the carve like a pro then all of a sudden just stop with an error 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 so far and reboot machine message. I just can not figure it out . Everything seems to be in order. I called LHR. First time they said the memory card was corrupted. They said to format card and reload project. That did not work. I called 2nd time and they wanted $25 to start off to take it to the next level tech. Man, I have already spent 1000+ just getting the bugs out to this point! And they still want more? Anyway does anyone out there have any idea as to what my problem might be. I even tried going back to the 1.177 firmware to see if that would solve my problem. No such luck. Sorry guys, for such a long winded note, but I could sure use some help. Thanks to all of you guys out there. You have sure been a great help in the past through this forum. And again I really recomend a dust collector, at least 1200 cfm. Thanks a bunch, Archy

Digitalwoodshop
03-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Always come to the Forum first rather than fork over $25.00.... Most of the time you can get the answer by using the search with the " " on each side of the term. "Fatal Error"

So lets think like a machine..... Yes, the card can be bad or need to be re formated but I bet that the answer is a little bit more simple than that.... Static Electricity.... IS your CarveWright Machine GROUNDED? I am going to Guess NO.... And then static is building up on the CW Frame and causing all your problems. This static is a Voltage, the same you get scuffing your feet on Carpet in the dry winter and sparks on your fingertip when you touch metal or someone. It is caused by sawdust flowing through the dust collecting pipe.

I have a heavy stranded wire with 3 gator clips on each end and attach it to my dust collector 3 places and to my CW Out Feed Tray, Copper Dust Collector, and Roll around frame.

One time I was hearing a snap, snap, snap while doing a cut path and looked inside the machine and a lightning bolt about a inch long was snapping between the dust collector and the 1/8 inch bit. Static Electricity. I saw the Ground Clip on the Copper Dust Collector had fallen off. Installing it again and no more snap....

Let us Know.....

OR... It could be a bad power supply, bad FFC Cable or bad card or computer.

AL

cnsranch
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
If AW's not right (it could happen, you know), at least try to re-run the project without the DC in use.

I have my CW and a 1200 CFM DC on the same, dedicated, 20 amp circuit - no problems. If you're on something less, you could be having "power feed" problems. Or, if you're running on, say, the same circuit as your furnace, it could be causing you problems when the blower kicks on.

Right, AW?

Digitalwoodshop
03-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Another GREAT Suggestion..... Yes, Great Theory and a Great Idea to run a project without the dust collector for 2 reasons... Power Draw and Static...

AL who