PDA

View Full Version : won't recognize bit

cabman67
03-13-2011, 11:31 PM
had a carve stop at 92%, showed z-axis stall.
cleaned and lubed the truck, problem solved.
went to re-do carve and it measures the board,determines bit height but when it comes to finding board surface, it doesn't touch the surface which then stops and says to load carving bit....any solutions?
Thanks,Dan

gregsolano
03-14-2011, 01:40 AM
Mine was doing this and I made sure the truck was going all the way to the end, far enough to trigger the bit plate that it uses
to measure the bit, cleaned belt that moves truck and cleaned and lubed plate to make sure it is extending out all the way.
when I watched it I could see plate was not coming all the way out. Once I cleaned and lubed every thing plate started extending
all the way out and the machine begin working again.

Digitalwoodshop
03-14-2011, 01:54 PM
The Right Side Cut Motor Cover Switch Wires are out of place and preventing the head from reaching the bit flag. The wires need to be tucked into the corner.

AL

cabman67
03-14-2011, 06:27 PM
the bit plate comes out and you can see it move as the bit touches it, then goes back to find board surface and just barely misses the board(no little dents from the bit touching it) but goes over to what i think is to start the carve, but it stops and says to load the bit..

Ike
03-14-2011, 07:54 PM
the bit plate comes out and you can see it move as the bit touches it, then goes back to find board surface and just barely misses the board(no little dents from the bit touching it) but goes over to what i think is to start the carve, but it stops and says to load the bit..
Here is like a WAG, wild Al guess! But really a WIG wild Ike guess!

Okay did you by chance remove the keypad side panel or the bottom and mess with any of the flat ribbon cables from the controller to the keypad? Next WIG have you tried turning off the machine power and hand moving the Z truck to make sure it is moving smooth and goes to the bit plate easily? Because the plate can still be coming out, but not fully and is not reading correctly.

What chuck do you have? Have you tried removing and installing the bit again? Lastly does it give you any option to continue? The message is 1)cannot find bit reload/ 2) continue. If you get this message it is not reading the bit at the correct level it first did. Sometimes with the Rock or the CT without a bit set or with the rubber rings they slip and the bit is not in the chuck the same.

With the QC if you pick up a different bit of the same kind it may be set differently in the holder and this will cause the bit not to found.

Ike

cabman67
03-15-2011, 12:39 AM
cleaned and lubed the bit plate, and machine started working perfect, until it told me to clean the Y rails cleaned those and it went into a Y stall( was carving aspen) which in my opinion creates a butt load of dust,is there a way to pick up the carve where it stopped with the Y stall?