Hilton Garden Inn
750 W. Texas Avenue, Webster Texas 77598

Group Name & Rate: CarveWright - $99* per night
*Subject to Availability

For Reservations Call: 281-332-6284

Complimentary Parking

Average Temperatures in Houston during May is 74.5 F

SPOUSE & FAMILY
There is much to do in the beautiful Texas Gulf Coast. Spouses that would like to attend the event must register.

Area Attractions & Landmarks
• Downtown Houston, 22 mi.
• Galveston Island Beaches, 30 mi.
• Kemah Boardwalk & Galveston Bay, 10 mi.
• Lonestar Museum in Galveston, 30 mi.
• Lyndon B Johnson Space Center, 4 mi.
• Moody Gardens in Galveston, 30 mi.
• Old Town Spring, 48 mi.
• San Jacinto Monument, 18 mi.
• The Historic Strand in Galveston, 30 mi.
Nearby Sports & Recreation
• Beacon Lakes Golf Club, 11 mi.
• Main Event Fun Center, 3 mi.
• Magnolia Creek Golf Link, 7 mi.
• Minute Maid Park (Houston), 20 mi.
• Reliant Astrodome, 23 mi.
• Southshore Harbour Country Club, 7 mi.
• Timber Creek Golf Club, 9 mi.
• Toyota Center, 20 mi.
Entertainment
• Hobby Center for Performing Arts, 22 mi.
• Jones Hall for Performing Arts, 31 mi.
• Radio Music Theatre, 24 mi.
• Verizon Wireless Theater, 22 mi.
Shopping
• Baybrook Mall, 1 mi.
• Webster Gateway Shops, 1 mi.
• The Galleria, 29 mi.
• Kemah Waterfront District, 10 mi.
• Historic League City Shops, 4 mi.
Nearby Restaurants
• Angelo Pizza, .01 mi.
• Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, .01 mi.
• BJS Brewery, .01 mi.
• Buffalo Wild Wings (Adjacent), .01 mi.
• Carrabba's (Adjacent), .01 mi.
• Freebird's, .01 mi.
• Black-eyed Pea, .5 mi.
• Cafe Express, .5 mi.
• Dos Mas, .5 mi.
• Bennigan's, 1 mi.
• Boston Market, 1 mi.
• Burger King, 1 mi.
• Chick-Fil-A, 1 mi.
• Chili's, 1 mi.
• Chuck E Cheese, 1 mi.
• Cold Stone Creamery, 1 mi.
• Denny's, 1 mi.
• Enzos Pasta Vino, 1 mi.
• Big Texas Dance Saloon, 2mi.
• Annapurna, 2 mi.

lynnfrwd
03-17-2011, 03:16 PM
RV Parks in the area:

Marina Bay RV Park in Kemah (http://marinabayrvresort.com/) This one is very nice and near to Galveston Bay and the Kemah Boardwalk, which will probably be the location of the Thursday night event, since they have "Rock the Dock Concert Series" on Thursday nights.

Space Center RV Park (http://spacecenterrvpark.com/) This one is probably the closest to the conference location.

lynnfrwd
03-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Everyone is encouraged to stay in the Hilton Garden Inn (the host hotel for our event), but there are about 8 additional hotels within a two mile area and dozens more within 10 miles. They range in prices and amenities.

skeeterman
03-18-2011, 07:18 PM
just went thru hotels.com and got the room for $83 a night, so you can save a little this way
steve

lynnfrwd
03-18-2011, 08:17 PM
At the Hilton garden inn?!? That's some great group rate. (sarcasm) I tried to get it lower. No go. Get the cheapest rate u can find!! Thanks for sharing that info.

skeeterman
03-18-2011, 08:27 PM
maybe because i booked for 3 nights, I dont know , but it is Hilton Gardens Inn
I am there cant wait

chebytrk
03-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Everyone is encouraged to stay in the Hilton Garden Inn (the host hotel for our event), but there are about 8 additional hotels within a two mile area and dozens more within 10 miles. They range in prices and amenities.

Do you have a listing of the other nearby hotels? Kinda want to shop around for some cheaper pricing. Also wondering if anyone is taking their spouse. Maybe we could team them up while carvoholics are in workshops? Just sayin....

lynnfrwd
03-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Do you have a listing of the other nearby hotels? Kinda want to shop around for some cheaper pricing. Also wondering if anyone is taking their spouse. Maybe we could team them up while carvoholics are in workshops? Just sayin....

Baybrook mall is across the freeway on bay area blvd. Lots of shopping plus space center, kemah, Galveston etc.

La Quinta and Hampton inn are across the street holiday inn and more right there. Try a mapquest search of Hilton G. Inn then search hotel zoomed into HGI location. Each should have weblink and phone #.

chebytrk
04-08-2011, 02:27 PM
OK...... just made my hotel reservation at the Days Inn and Suites which I understand is close to the Hilton Garden Inn. Rate was a little better.. $55. Now need to figure out whether to drive or fly. Flying is actually cheaper than driving right now. Need to start practicing with the Video camera now.... : )

rcdages
04-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Motel 6 $39.00 a night and you can get a AARP discount. It is five blocks away fron the Hilton.

Rather then driving back and forth from Conroe to Houston & Houston to Conroe, I am going to stay at the motel which will also save gas money.

Looking forward to this conference and meeting all of you that are coming.

chebytrk
04-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Motel 6 $39.00 a night and you can get a AARP discount. It is five blocks away fron the Hilton.

Rather then driving back and forth from Conroe to Houston & Houston to Conroe, I am going to stay at the motel which will also save gas money.

Looking forward to this conference and meeting all of you that are coming.

Be sure to tell them to leave the porch light on! ; )

gregsolano
05-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Ended up booking today at Microtel inn, 1620 Nasa Road 1 for $44 a night through hotels.com. I debated Motel 6 $39 and this place and the deciding factor was that motel 6 charges $2.99 a day for internet. Microtel has WIFI and looks like a decent breakfast. I am driving up Tue night and checking in on wed so If I can help anyone with rides let me know. I will be attending the CW Start U on Wed.

Greg

P.S. If anyone wants to start up an impromptu poker game I keep chips and cards in my trunk! :-)

badger
05-04-2011, 08:27 PM
For those that enjoy poker here is a thought if it could turn into an annual at the conference. In our Law Enforcement Conference we hold a Tournement Texas Hold Em night and all proceeds go to the Fallen Officer Fund with door prizes to the winner. For this show you could donate it to a listed charity (Red Cross) or even our own fallen Woodworker Fund to go to the Family of a fellow Forum member from the previous year.

Just a Thought. We have fun and it all goes to a good cause.

gregsolano
05-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Sure I have actually set up those tournaments at conferences in the past. They are always fun.

fwharris
05-10-2011, 08:32 PM
All checked in!!

lynnfrwd
05-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Geese! The forum has been quiet today. Guess everyone is traveling to Houston!!

Welcome to H-town!! Not sure if h is for Houston or HOT!!

Ducky63
05-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Well Lynn you aren't the only one hot. Today we broke our record high, it was 93 degrees with high humidity in Evansdale,Iowa. Had to mow the yard for Saturday's shop tour. Have the shop all cleaned & hoping it doesn't rain so I can run the CarveWright for the tour. Oh You are invited! It starts at 9:00 A.M. Saturday morning.

fwharris
05-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Ah yes it is warm HE HE in H town! H for hot and humid but it feels good.

lynnfrwd
05-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Well Lynn you aren't the only one hot. Today we broke our record high, it was 93 degrees with high humidity in Evansdale,Iowa. Had to mow the yard for Saturday's shop tour. Have the shop all cleaned & hoping it doesn't rain so I can run the CarveWright for the tour. Oh You are invited! It starts at 9:00 A.M. Saturday morning.

Thanks for the invite, but I think I might be carvewrighted out by Saturday morning!! Going sailing!!

Capt Bruce
05-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Wouldn't you just know it, Floyd beat me to the bar at the Hilton Garden Inn. And there I thought I was making such good time. See you all Wednesday morning for eggs and sawdust. Crashing now.

easybuilt
05-11-2011, 01:10 AM
See you all tomorrow night. I fly in at 530pm.

Dan-Woodman
05-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Well wishs to everyone at the conferance. After having Thyroid surgery in Feb., I'm ready for a road trip, but medical bills have taken over.
Looking forward to reading about it on the forum.
later Daniel

Jeff_Birt
05-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I just got checked in at the HIlton Garden Inn. Time for lunch now I htink and see what other Carvaholics I run into.

unitedcases
05-11-2011, 02:23 PM
No kidding its quiet. Thank god Al is vigilently checking the forum, elsewise I would have never figured my FFC cable was bad.

atauer
05-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Jeff,

There are quite a few of them having a good time here at the office at the moment. The START U team is looking great! I can now put faces with names.