PDA

View Full Version : Workshops & Preliminary Agenda

lynnfrwd
03-11-2011, 04:40 PM
CarveWright Conference 2011 Agenda - Thursday May 12, 2011

8:30 AM Registration & Continental Breakfast

9:00 AM Welcome and Introduction

10:00 AM Newbie Session: Project Designer Software Part I with Connie Ratisseau
Carvoholic Session: P.E. with Coach Jeff Birt (Get into Shape with Pattern Editor)

10:45 AM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

11:15 AM Newbie Session: CW Machine & Accessories with Connie Ratisseau
Carvoholic Session: Project Designer & 3rd Party Software with Michael Tyler

12:00 PM Keynote Address Luncheon with Chris Lovchik, CEO & Co-Founder of LHR Technologies
Italian Buffet Lunch

1:15 PM Machine Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Basic Repair Part I with Chris Rawls

2:45 PM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

3:15 PM Machine Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Basic Repair Part II with Chris Rawls

4:45 PM Travel to LHR Facility for Tour and BBQ in the Courtyard

8:00 PM Optional Event: Kemah Boardwalk with "Rock the Dock"
free live musical concert, shops, restaurants, bars, carnival games & rides.

CarveWright Conference 2011 Agenda - Friday, May 13, 2011

9:00 AM Newbie Session: Project Designer Software Part II with Joe Lovchik
Carvoholic Session: Advanced Importing of DXF & STL with Michael Tyler

10:00 AM Newbie Session: P.E. with Coach Jeff Birt (Get Started with Pattern Editor)
Carvoholic Session: "I Didn't Know Designer Could Do That!" with Joe Lovchik

10:45 PM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

11:15 AM The Business of Carving with Jason Allen

12:00 PM South of the Border Lunch Buffet

1:15 PM Texturing & Dimensional Sign-making with Doug Haffner

2:15 PM Various Non-Wood Materials with Jason Allen

3:00 PM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

3:30 PM Creative Finishing Techniques with Doug Haffner

4:30 PM Question & Answer Session with LHR & Presenters

7:30 PM Optional Event: "The Main Event"
for bowling, pool tables, laser tag, games, cash bar & fun times.

Transportation to LHR & Optional Events is not provided by LHR. If you need a ride, do not hesitate to ask! There are plenty of vehicles with extra seats so no one needs to be left behind.

Most attendees selected a Combination of Workshop Levels, so we are trying to make sure everyone has an opportunity to get the information they need. Therefore, in the mornings, you can choose between Newbie or Carvoholic level workshops. We will then open the dividers for the rest of the days workshops, so everyone can be present. Room capacity for Newbie & Carvoholic workshops will be pretty evenly divided, so arrive early for the workshop that best fits your experience level.

Show & Tell Hall:

We will also have a separate location for our Show & Tell Projects, Vendor Tables, and CarveWright Store. Bring your projects along with a written description of how it was created or any other special information you wish to share. Don't forget to add your name & forum name, so we know who to pat on the back!

Be sure to thank our Sponsors for helping us with this event!

Special Conference Pricing will be available for attendees and some merchandise will be on hand.

JOIN US at CarveWright Conference 2011

This agenda is based on the current number of attendees, plus a few more. If we get a significant increase in attendees, we may need to expand into a third section and make amendments to this agenda to keep class sizes reasonable.

We are currently just over 80 attendees and so excited about the response!! There is still room for more and hope you can make that last minute decision to join in the fun and sharing of such invaluable knowledge. Remember registration rate increases to $250 on May 1st. So REGISTER NOW! (http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=21663&cat=301&page=1)

LittleRedWoodshop
03-11-2011, 08:53 PM
I can't wait ... so many things to learn, so many questions, so much fun.

Smoken D
03-12-2011, 09:01 AM
I guess for me the thing to do is wait till at least 20 folks have actually signed up. I see that there is NO refund if the show is cancelled by LHR. The $200 will be credited to you in the LHR account and not credited back to your credit card company. I didn't really like that, but guess that is the way it is now a days.

chebytrk
03-12-2011, 09:03 AM
I guess for me the thing to do is wait till at least 20 folks have actually signed up. I see that there is NO refund if the show is cancelled by LHR. The $200 will be credited to you in the LHR account and not credited back to your credit card company. I didn't really like that, but guess that is the way it is now a days.

Is there a way to tell how many people have signed up?

Smoken D
03-12-2011, 09:04 AM
I guess wait till April sometime and call LHR and find out.

chebytrk
03-14-2011, 02:24 PM
I guess I'm kinda hesitant right now as well. I've got the funds to go, but I don't want to pay it all now and it cancels for some reason and all I get is a store credit instead of a full refund. I understand that there may be costs in trying to set it all up, but I have no control over that. I just really expected to get a full refund especially if it's no fault of mine for not attending. That may be why some people are just waiting it out. Even if 100 people signed up right now, that's 20k and to have all that as Store Credit? WoW... that's alot of store credit. Just sayin'.......

mtylerfl
03-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Hello All,

The cancellation/ store credit policy originally posted regarding if the vendor (LHR) canceled was incorrect! I saw that and it puzzled me too, so I gave a quick call to LHR's Marketing Manager (Joe L.) to inquire about it. Turns out it was a copy/paste from another conference policy and the vendor cancellation policy wording was NOT intended by LHR at all.

In other words, in the very unlikely event LHR had to cancel either due to an act of God, or lack of sign-up, or whatever, anyone who has signed up and paid in advance will receive a FULL REFUND (not a store credit). I hope this sets the record straight. Just an aside, when I first mentioned this to the Marketing Manager, he was caught totally by surprise too, and regarding the "store credit" issue stated, "That doesn't make sense". He made the correction while we were still on the phone together! Please see the following link to read the corrected wording:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17820-Registration-amp-Cancellation-Policy

I anticipate a great turn out and am really looking forward to meeting as many "Carvaholics" as possible at this major event for CarveWright Users! The weather is going to be beautiful that time of year, so I'm told. Lots of neat things to do in the area, plus there will be a "field trip" opportunity to LHR Headquarters, which should be kind of fun too!

chebytrk
03-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks for passing on that information Michael. Sure makes me feel a whole lot better. I'm looking forward to meeting you and others there as well. Gonna be a great time by all I'm sure......... The conference is a couple of days before my birthday so my wife has given that to me as a gift. Come on... May 12 & 13th!

rcdages
03-14-2011, 04:57 PM
I am really looking forward to meeting a lot of you fellow CW/CC carvers.

May 12 & 13th will be a high point of this year for me I know.

Smoken D
03-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks for finding out Michael. I sure did not think that was a correct policy, but ya never know. Glad to get that straighten out. I kept trying to find this post for an update but was having a hard time locating it.

lynnfrwd
03-17-2011, 01:05 PM
We have confirmed guest speakers Michael Tyler, Doug Haffner & Jason Allen, but still invite others to join list.

Interested in sharing your knowledge and expertise? Send email to marketing@carvewright.com

DLG
03-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Do you have start/stop times for each day for those of use still trying to figure out travel plans?

lynnfrwd
03-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Not carved in stone, but we are planning on the workshops starting around 9:00 am and ending the day by 5 or 6 with an optional event each evening.

AllThingsWood
03-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Will each workshop last the entire day? Or will be be able to go to more than 1 each day?

lynnfrwd
03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Each workshop will last approximately 45 minutes. Depending on how many attendees, we may or may not have two workshops running at the same time. The trick on our end will be figuring out how many will attend which workshops, cause we know everyone will want to attend the guest speakers workshops. We have a large room and a smaller room. The good news is there is a retractable wall in between the two, so if we need to open them both up, we can.

lynnfrwd
03-31-2011, 10:10 AM
We are happy to announce we have added Jeff Birt to our list of Guest Speakers!

Come see his workshop: P.E. with Coach Jeff (Get into shape with Pattern Editor)

Learn the ins & outs of Pattern Editor:

Common Uses of PE
Using the Tools
2d & 3d Techniques
plus more!

chebytrk
03-31-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm assuming(hate that word) that it's OK to take our video cameras to our workshops right? There's going to be ALOT of information that's going to be put out in those 2 days and I just want to make sure that I can "rewind" later and make sure I understood everything.

Capt Bruce
04-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Make that two requests for the ability to film parts of the workshop because I have only a B model CW and would like to be able to show potential clients the special features/improvements of the C Model via my iPad as video clips. Happy to share same with others after the Conference. We may even find others on the Team who are better at video editing than me.

Shall we bring them? And I promise to not film after hours. What goes on in Texas stays in Texas (Well unless somebody gets up on the table for Karaoke).

chebytrk
04-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Make that two requests for the ability to film parts of the workshop because I have only a B model CW and would like to be able to show potential clients the special features/improvements of the C Model via my iPad as video clips. Happy to share same with others after the Conference. We may even find others on the Team who are better at video editing than me.

Shall we bring them? And I promise to not film after hours. What goes on in Texas stays in Texas (Well unless somebody gets up on the table for Karaoke).

I think that's a good idea. I have a "B" model machine as well. Hope we can all swap emails & share videos on what we see/learn at the workshops.

robboz4
04-05-2011, 02:37 PM
I can volunteer to do some video editing for posting on You tube or iPad use if you like. Another one of my many hobbies.
Looking forward to the event! Registered have hotel, flights and car all booked!
See you all there.

Capt Bruce
04-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks Robboz4,

I'll see if there is an easy way to download videos to a DVD(s) while we're still there or at least shortly after the Conference to pass along. I've only recently switched to digital after years of analog recording so not up to speed with this newer format. We'll talk more.

lynnfrwd
04-05-2011, 10:31 PM
One issue to resolve as i understand it is everyone must sign a release form to be filmed.

AllThingsWood
04-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Do you have a list of registered attendees that we would be able to get? It would be nice to see who is attending and from where.

AllThingsWood
04-07-2011, 08:33 AM
If anyone is flying in to Hobby from DFW late Wednesday nite, I have a car reserved and would be willing to share.

mtylerfl
04-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Do you have a list of registered attendees that we would be able to get? It would be nice to see who is attending and from where.

Hello Gene,

On the surface, that sounds like a fun idea, however...I don't think that's going to be available - privacy issues. LHR would have to contact every person and likely get written permission in order to post a list like that publicly (or privately). I know I would not be too keen on a vendor posting my intention to attend a conference on a website (or sending my name and travel plans to people I don't know personally) without my permission.

Nothing prevents folks volunteering to let their intentions known, though! For example: I, Michael Tyler, will be attending!

atauer
04-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Of course you are attending Mike! You are a guest speaker, in case you didn't know....

LOL

Gene,

I personally don't have a list of all the people attending, and we would not post something like that because of privacy issues. I can tell you though, that the conference is an international thing now, as we do have a person from Canada that will be joining us.

JDPratt
04-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I intend to register and attend, but I have to wait and see what happens here in the next few weeks. Without getting into a political discussion, I work for the Government so you may understand my reasons for delay.

chebytrk
04-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Anyone staying at the hotel where the Conf is being held? If so, how much is it per night? The way gasoline is now (and may get worse) it might be cheaper for me to fly to Houston from Dallas and maybe stay at same hotel or bum a ride with someone. Just sayin'..........

atauer
04-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I intend to register and attend, but I have to wait and see what happens here in the next few weeks. Without getting into a political discussion, I work for the Government so you may understand my reasons for delay.

Of course we understand your reasons for delay! And good job keeping this non-political... We would hate for you guys to start bickering about politics on a woodworking forum...

I do hope that you get to attend though. There's gonna be lots of valuable information from a lot of people, not to mention the tour of our facilities. You get to see where the Carvewright magic happens!

atauer
04-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Anyone staying at the hotel where the Conf is being held? If so, how much is it per night? The way gasoline is now (and may get worse) it might be cheaper for me to fly to Houston from Dallas and maybe stay at same hotel or bum a ride with someone. Just sayin'..........

Hey Jerry,

There is actually a deal for the people for the CW conference at the hotel. Just mention Carvewright, and the room price is $99 a night. You can find more information at here (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17818-Accommodations).

liquidguitars
04-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Of course we understand your reasons for delay! And good job keeping this
non-political... We would hate for you guys to start bickering about politics
on a woodworking forum...

I think he is talking about the shut down on the hill.... I am told Armed forces will be ok or have to wait one pay cycle.

atauer
04-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I know all about the shut down on the hill...

I have heard the same thing about the Armed Forces, but again, you never know.

chebytrk
04-07-2011, 02:56 PM
I think he is talking about the shut down on the hill.... I am told Armed forces will be ok or have to wait one pay cycle.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder if his paycheck will be cut by one week and if the food and cleaning staff will be sent home. : )

liquidguitars
04-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Alex, I think is just barnstorming and the funds will go out to the troops ...

You get to see where the Carvewright magic
happens!

I could use a little on my machine right now.

dougmsbbs
04-07-2011, 03:23 PM
I have got to stop reading this thread. The more I read about who will be there and whats going to take place, the more I really, really want to go. But there is no way I'm up for that much travel right now. (insert frowny face and the sound of a loud sigh.)

I sure do look forward to hearing all about it, though.

liquidguitars
04-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Yea,
I am feeling left out that i can not go. I love to go and see all my friends at the show.

Kenm810
04-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Same here LG, I'd love to go, but no way to afford it --- maybe next time.

Dan-Woodman
04-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Is the shop tour more than seeing a garage door with a truck from China at it? LOL
later Daniel

lynnfrwd
04-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Nope...you also get to see our 1 phone that we use for customer support calls! :P (that's me sticking my tongue out at you Dan!) LOL!

Kenm810
04-08-2011, 03:16 PM
lol, Connie I couldn't resist, -- I love your self-portrait!

lynnfrwd
04-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks Ken!!!! I have a new avatar!!!!!

liquidguitars
04-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Is the shop tour more than seeing a garage door with a truck from China at it? LOL
later Daniel

Dam! " can i say dam? Dan...

cnsranch
04-08-2011, 03:50 PM
That's funny - I don't care who you are...

robboz4
04-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I will be attending the conference.
Arrive IAH @ 11:25pm 5/11
I have rental car arranged and staying at the conference hotel.
Leave IAH @6:00am 5/14
Taxi fare = a couple of beers in the bar ! :-)
i've only arranged a small car so first come first served.
Let me know.

Cheers
Dave

lynnfrwd
04-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Let me tell you...a taxi from IAH is NOT cheap! If you can handled arriving at the hotel after midnight...a couple of beers is a steal!

lynnfrwd
04-08-2011, 04:05 PM
I will be attending the conference.
Arrive IAH @ 11:25pm 5/11
I have rental car arranged and staying at the conference hotel.
Leave IAH @6:00am 5/14
Taxi fare = a couple of beers in the bar ! :-)
i've only arranged a small car so first come first served.
Let me know.

Cheers
Dave

This really needs to go under TRANSPORTATION though....

atauer
04-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Nope...you also get to see our 1 phone that we use for customer support calls! :P (that's me sticking my tongue out at you Dan!) LOL!

Did she mention that it is one of the old rotary phones, where you have to have an operator connect you?

Like this:

chebytrk
04-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Did she mention that it is one of the old rotary phones, where you have to have an operator connect you?

Like this:

1 ringy dingy.........

robboz4
04-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Reposted under transportation.

lynnfrwd
04-08-2011, 05:49 PM
OK, young thang! That is not even a rotary phone. That is an Early Wood Phone circa 1876 to early 1900's (maybe a Kellogg?).

TerryT
04-08-2011, 07:12 PM
OK, young thang! That is not even a rotary phone. That is an Early Wood Phone circa 1876 to early 1900's (maybe a Kellogg?).

Yep! Sheesh, kids!

lynnfrwd
04-26-2011, 04:40 PM
New updated schedule and more details released!!!

lynnfrwd
04-26-2011, 04:42 PM
CarveWright Conference 2011 Agenda - Thursday May 12, 2011

9:00 AM Welcome and Introduction

10:00 AM Newbie Session: Project Designer Software Part I with Connie Ratisseau
Carvoholic Session: P.E. with Coach Jeff Birt (Get into Shape with Pattern Editor)

10:45 AM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

11:15 AM Newbie Session: CW Machine & Accessories with Connie Ratisseau
Carvoholic Session: Project Designer & 3rd Party Software with Michael Tyler

12:00 PM Keynote Address Luncheon with Chris Lovchik, CEO & Co-Founder of LHR Technologies
Italian Buffet Lunch

1:15 PM Machine Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Basic Repair Part I with Chris Rawls

2:45 PM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

3:15 PM Machine Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Basic Repair Part II with Chris Rawls

4:45 PM Travel to LHR Facility for Tour and BBQ in the Courtyard

8:00 PM Optional Event: Kemah Boardwalk with "Rock the Dock"
free live musical concert, shops, restaurants, bars, carnival games & rides.

CarveWright Conference 2011 Agenda - Friday, May 13, 2011

9:00 AM Newbie Session: Project Designer Software Part II with Joe Lovchik
Carvoholic Session: Advanced Importing of DXF & STL with Michael Tyler

10:00 AM Newbie Session: P.E. with Coach Jeff Birt (Get Started with Pattern Editor)
Carvoholic Session: "I Didn't Know Designer Could Do That!" with Joe Lovchik

10:45 PM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

11:15 AM The Business of Carving with Jason Allen

12:00 PM South of the Border Lunch Buffet

1:15 PM Texturing & Dimensional Sign-making with Doug Haffner

2:15 PM Various Non-Wood Materials with Jason Allen

3:00 PM Break in Show & Tell Hall with Vendors

3:30 PM Creative Finishing Techniques with Doug Haffner

4:30 PM Question & Answer Session with LHR & Presenters

7:30 PM Optional Event: "The Main Event"
for bowling, pool tables, laser tag, games, cash bar & fun times.

Transportation to LHR & Optional Events is not provided by LHR. If you need a ride, do not hesitate to ask! There are plenty of vehicles with extra seats so no one needs to be left behind.

Most attendees selected a Combination of Workshop Levels, so we are trying to make sure everyone has an opportunity to get the information they need. Therefore, in the mornings, you can choose between Newbie or Carvoholic level workshops. We will then open the dividers for the rest of the days workshops, so everyone can be present. Room capacity for Newbie & Carvoholic workshops will be pretty evenly divided, so arrive early for the workshop that best fits your experience level.

Show & Tell Hall:

We will also have a separate location for our Show & Tell Projects, Vendor Tables, and CarveWright Store. Bring your projects along with a written description of how it was created or any other special information you wish to share. Don't forget to add your name & forum name, so we know who to pat on the back!

Be sure to thank our Sponsors for helping us with this event!

Special Conference Pricing will be available for attendees and some merchandise will be on hand.

JOIN US at CarveWright Conference 2011

This agenda is based on the current number of attendees, plus a few more. If we get a significant increase in attendees, we may need to expand into a third section and make amendments to this agenda to keep class sizes reasonable.

We are currently just over 80 attendees and so excited about the response!! There is still room for more and hope you can make that last minute decision to join in the fun and sharing of such invaluable knowledge. Remember registration rate increases to $250 on May 1st. So REGISTER NOW! (http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=21663&cat=301&page=1)

TerryT
04-26-2011, 05:34 PM
There better be pictures! Especially that "Rock the Dock" thing. Sounds like my kinda stuff!!

atauer
04-26-2011, 05:37 PM
There better be pictures! Especially that "Rock the Dock" thing. Sounds like my kinda stuff!!

Its actually pretty cool Terry!

Not far from the hotel the conference is being held in is the Kemah Boardwalk. They have live bands play on a stage at the board. All sorts of sounds are played. You get free music, good food, and lots of fun. Not to mention that its right on the water, so you get to see all the passing boats and yachts also.

TerryT
04-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Cool. Not far from here is Lake Coeur D' Alene. There used to be a place called Arrow Point. At any time during the day or evening you would see cigarette racers and yachts (little ones, nothing over 40 feet) tied up to the dock. The signiture drink was a "De-railer". I still don't know what was in it, seven or eight different liquers. Came in a bucket with straws about 24 inches long. You could put the bucket in the middle of the boat and everyone could put a couple of straws together and sit back in a corner and relax (and drink). I took some friends there once. It took a half hour to sail over and seven hours to sail back. I was surprised at how many landmarks kinda looked the same on the way back to the cabin. They had a nice dance floor to.

myshop1044
04-27-2011, 08:32 AM
This is going to be a great conference, I can't wait, all I want to do is learn, learn, learn and chat with other users I talked to on the fourm from time to time.

Myshop

lynnfrwd
04-27-2011, 09:57 AM
It's like our own little Coney Island with Ferris Wheel, Roller Coaster, carnival games, a train, dancing waters that the kids play in, an Aquarium, Year Round Christmas Shops, and GREAT Texas Gulf Coast Seafood (although we are hosting a BBQ earlier that evening).

The free concert that night is THE FUSE. I looked at their playlist: Jessie's Girl, Dead or Alive, Brick House, Brown Eyed Girl, Sweet Home Alabama, Roller Coaster, Let's Get It On, Don't Stop Believin', Twist & Shout, Highway to Hell and more. So, it sounds like my age groups music!! FUN, FUN!!! I can't wait.

atauer
04-27-2011, 10:18 AM
It's like our own little Coney Island with Ferris Wheel, Roller Coaster, carnival games, a train, dancing waters that the kids play in, an Aquarium, Year Round Christmas Shops, and GREAT Texas Gulf Coast Seafood (although we are hosting a BBQ earlier that evening).

The free concert that night is THE FUSE. I looked at their playlist: Jessie's Girl, Dead or Alive, Brick House, Brown Eyed Girl, Sweet Home Alabama, Roller Coaster, Let's Get It On, Don't Stop Believin', Twist & Shout, Highway to Hell and more. So, it sounds like my age groups music!! FUN, FUN!!! I can't wait.

Hey! I'm in a younger generation and I enjoy that music. I haven't been to the boardwalk since last year. We had set up a family day out, and I wound up inuring my knee the day before. It is really hard to keep up with everyone when you are on crutches. Anyways, now that I am fully healed, I may join everyone at the boardwalk that night, depending on how my schedule pans out.

chebytrk
05-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Just thought that it might be a good idea for a short topic/demo on making lithos. I think there would be a good interest on this topic as well as turn some people on in to trying this out (me for one).

lynnfrwd
05-03-2011, 02:01 PM
We are having workshops on "Pattern Editor" and on "Various Non-Wood Materials". If your questions aren't covered in those, we will also have a Q&A session at the end.

Here is a link to the PDF of our Agenda: http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/newsletter/CWconference11/CWC2011Agenda.pdf

lawrence
05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Man, I'm dying here wishing I could come to the conference.... It sounds like you guys are going to have a BLAST.

Take lots of pictures- and be sure to share (some of) the best stories from the conf. with we unfortunate souls that can't make it

Lawrence

Capt Bruce
05-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Can Do Lawrence,

We know you'll be there with us in spirit my Friend along with the rest of the Community. And this way we can all talk about you when you're not there to defend yourself . . (LOL)

But seriously we'll take lots of photos and perhaps share them on Photobucket or a site evryone can reach and label them with faces/names and activities for everyone. I'll try to time stamp the photos day and time so we'll know which class was going on. We'll keep you in the loop Lawrence.

robboz4
05-09-2011, 10:11 AM
If I remember to pack it, I have a small digital sound recorder, so I'll try to capture the talks I go to and post them later.

chebytrk
05-11-2011, 03:20 PM
OK.... we can start now cause I'm here! Heck, guess I'll have to wait til in the morning.

lynnfrwd
05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
OK.... we can start now cause I'm here! Heck, guess I'll have to wait til in the morning.

We are at the Hilton trying to decide where to eat. Come join us!!

lynnfrwd
05-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I'll post here where we are eating.

Jeff_Birt
05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
OK, I'm not too proud to bum a ride :)

lynnfrwd
05-11-2011, 06:41 PM
We are eating at floyds Cajun restaurant at NASA parkway and 45 in the garden ridge parking lot at 730. Here at Hilton until then. Let me know if you are joining us.

Jeff_Birt
05-11-2011, 06:47 PM
I'll come!

lynnfrwd
05-12-2011, 08:39 PM
We r at courtyard between buffalo wild wing and jamba juice at Texas ave and bay area blvd on corner down from Hilton. Come join us!!

badger
05-13-2011, 12:01 AM
By the sounds of things I would love to see the eyes of everyone the next morning :)

Second day of any conference is the real test to see who survived the first night.

atauer
05-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I personally did not attend the festivities afterwards, but it sounded like everyone enjoyed themselves. Once everyone gets back from their trips, I am sure we will hear some stories!

trplbogie
05-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I wish I could have made the conference, and thanks lynnfrwd for the invite for Friday night. I was a real pleasure to be around so much talent and to meet the Legends Of Carvewright. And of course as you all know, the folks at LHR, from to to bottom, are the best

rcdages
05-14-2011, 09:49 AM
trplbogie,

It was good to meet you last night.

Always nice to beable to put a face to a name.

For all the people who were able to be at the conference should now well know how wonderful the LHR Compnay is due to the fine people who are all part of it from the very top to bottom.

You and I have been able to know the people at LHR in person for some time and you really know they are all about the well being of the CarveWright family members which are all of us.

Sorry Alex you were not with us last night.

Take care all.

b.sumner47
05-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Sounds like you had a real nice time. I'll have save all my pennies and try for the next. Capt Barry

fwharris
05-15-2011, 10:50 AM
By the sounds of things I would love to see the eyes of everyone the next morning :)

Second day of any conference is the real test to see who survived the first night.

Surprisingly enough we survived!! I believe there was enough adrenalin flowing that outside influences did not get in the way... HEHE....

atauer
05-16-2011, 09:43 AM
trplbogie,

It was good to meet you last night.

Always nice to beable to put a face to a name.

For all the people who were able to be at the conference should now well know how wonderful the LHR Compnay is due to the fine people who are all part of it from the very top to bottom.

You and I have been able to know the people at LHR in person for some time and you really know they are all about the well being of the CarveWright family members which are all of us.

Sorry Alex you were not with us last night.

Take care all.

Thanks Robert.

I did have a good time with you guys Thursday and Friday. I learned just as much from you guys as you guys did from me over the years. I am sorry that I was not able to attend the after conference events, but I had prior engagements. Maybe next time.