PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Conference Workshops & Speakers

lynnfrwd
03-09-2011, 10:39 AM
We would like to hear from you what types of workshops should be conducted and are looking for speakers.

Here is my list of suggestions:

CW Project Designer 101
Pattern Editor 101
STL/DXF Importers 101
Creating Lithophanes
Basics of 3-D Design
Finishing Your Projects
Business Basics
3rd Party Applications & CW
Machine Maintenance & Dust Collection

Smoken D
03-09-2011, 02:47 PM
The Baptist group would like to know why "Lunch will not be a workshop"!

lynnfrwd
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
The Baptist group would like to know why "Lunch will not be a workshop"!

It will definitely be on the agenda!

myshop1044
03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Lynn
mabe you add "large signs" to the list of workshops,
I like 3 or 4 on the list already.

Myshop

lynnfrwd
03-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Lynn
mabe you add "large signs" to the list of workshops,
I like 3 or 4 on the list already.

Myshop

Yes, the "tiling" technique. We would need to add that to a section as it wouldn't take long to teach.

SharonB
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Lynn....I can see five or six of your suggestions that would peak my interest. But a lot would depend on just how "basic" some of the workshops would be. I surmise that most people attending would probably have had their machines at least a year or more so an Intermediate workshop of maybe 1) Designer and 2) Machine Maintenance would be of interest..... as most of us have probably already had our machines semi-apart at least once or twice.

Since I don't have the Pattern Editor or the STL/DXF or a 3-D Program I'd certainly be interested in see just what these programs accomplish. Then there is the Finishing aspect of any project that a person could learn from....like some of the new products that are out on the market and how to apply them.

Besides, I'm ready to get out of this rain, snow and cold weather. Hopefully in May it will be nice and warm in the Houston area.

atauer
03-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Sharon,

Nice and warm would be an understatement. You would probably need an air conditioner to keep your air conditioner cool...