PDA

View Full Version : tutorials?

jaustin
03-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Any good tutorials for a beingner to watch?

I have about a week before my machine shows up.

AskBud
03-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Any good tutorials for a beingner to watch?

I have about a week before my machine shows up.
Go to my "Download" link below. There you will find a raft of AVI lessons, and at the bottom of the list are additional links to other sites including the CW Tutorials as well as the Tips and Tricks.
AskBud

jaustin
03-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the links

lynnfrwd
03-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Also under LEARN menu then Tutorials. 5 step by step design projects. Starts out very basic.

Capt Bruce
03-05-2011, 06:29 PM
You can't go wrong watching and learning from all of those lessons. I had a couple months to wait when I bought mine on the lay-a-way program and they really gave me a feeling for properly using the machine while I waited. Welcome to the Forum.

CarverJerry
03-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Jaustin, and if you watch all the videos suggested by Lynn and AskBud, which will take quite a few hours, and you fully understand them you'll be a pro or at least understand how the machine works, acts what to expect from it along with learning the designer program. Having the probe is a handy tool to have and the program that comes with it is almost a must. Good luck and post your first few carvings. This is my 2¢ worth.....get a good vacuum hooked up for your first carve.....and not a shop vac either... search "vacuum" on the forum here......it'll save your machine.

CJ

CarverJerry
03-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Jaustin, check this link out http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17634-Fletcher-s-DC-carve-it-yourself

eelamb
03-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Jaustin welcome to the forum. This would be a good time to read the manual (twice). Once you get the CW it will start making sense. And yes watch the tutorials then practice what you have learned.

badger2424
03-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey jaustin, glad to have you, sorry to be so late, been doing my main job, but the Capt is 100% right, and all of them are great to watch. You'll find when you're working on a specific project that you'll have to go back and find exactly what project helps you the most and if you can't find it we can help. That's what is the best part of the CW, unlimited knowledge from people who care if you succeed in your carvings.