PDA

View Full Version : Bear Carve???

alljoy
03-02-2011, 11:00 AM
A grade 10 student on my school bus route drew this picture of a bear. I think it's an awesome job and both of us wondered what it would be like carved. He only wanted the head carved so I played around with the pic in paint.net and got rid of the background and tryed to grey scale it a bit. When I load it into Designer it has alot of noise and doesn't look good. I don't have the pattern editor or much experience with 3d. Can anyone take a shot at this pic and making it into a nicer pattern than I could?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joyce

cnsranch
03-02-2011, 01:44 PM
With that much detail, it would make a great litho, but wouldn't carve in wood well - way too much "noise".

bjbethke
03-02-2011, 02:19 PM
A grade 10 student on my school bus route drew this picture of a bear. I think it's an awesome job and both of us wondered what it would be like carved. He only wanted the head carved so I played around with the pic in paint.net and got rid of the background and tryed to grey scale it a bit. When I load it into Designer it has alot of noise and doesn't look good. I don't have the pattern editor or much experience with 3d. Can anyone take a shot at this pic and making it into a nicer pattern than I could?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Joyce
I had to rework the image in Photoshop, may carve OK. BJB

alljoy
03-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Thank you BJB, it did carve quite nicely indeed. I will post a picture when the finishing is done. Again, thanks for your help.

Joyce