PDA

View Full Version : How Many Hammers do you Own.

lilskip
02-28-2011, 03:56 PM
How many hammers do you own? The reason I ask this cause I wonder if I am the only one that has this problem. I keep 2 hammers on my peg board and a few more in my tool box, each has different purpose. But when I need one I go to get it and its gone. My wife has a bad habit of getting my hammers and various other common handtools to use it for what ever she is working on in the yard or house either one. The problem is she doesn't put anything back she leaves it where ever she was working and forgets about it. So what do I do I buy her some tools of her own again and buy replacement ones for myself and start the cycle all over again. So I asked how many hammers do you own and how do you protect them from getting lost by others (shock collars, barbwire, vault). Its not just hammers its screwdrivers too.....

dougmsbbs
02-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah, that stuff will happen...

I just hide them. They need them they can ask. Sometimes even works...

I was a professional industrial maintenance man. An amateur knows he needs to hit it with a hammer. A professorial knows WHERE to hit it, and how HARD. Contrary to common believe the gray tape is NOT to hold it together, it's just to hide the hammer marks...

atauer
02-28-2011, 04:23 PM
I actually have someone watching the tools for me...

There is a squirrel that managed to find his way into the detached garage where I store my tools.

My wife is terrified of it, so she does not even attempt to enter the garage. If she needs something fixed, I gotta do it.

I don't know what I am going to do when that squirrel moves on, if he ever does. I just haven't found the heart to move him yet.

TerryT
02-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Spend a couple of hours honing your chisels to a razor sharp edge, then when you go to use them they have dull chipped edges and pieces of grout on them. Hmmm.... must be oxidation.

lynnfrwd
02-28-2011, 05:15 PM
I've got a solution for you! Buy her a set of Tomboy Tools! She will love them and they will so obviously be hers!! Added bonus: portion of money goes to fight breast cancer.

www.tomboytools.com

chebytrk
02-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Reminds me of when we lived in Puerto Rico. My wife is EXTREMELY afraid of lizards and I had to seal up everything out in the laundry room area. Well, I thought I did anyway. I had to stop a meeting at work and come home cause she ran in to a lizard while washing clothes one day. My boys and I had to put screen and boards and everything to seal up everything in that laundry room. The boys even bought her several water pistols and put bleach and insecticide in them to kill the lizards if she ever saw any in there. Hey, it made her feel secure ok? So, I know about having a wife with a phobia, but if momma ain't happy............ Heck, we won't even talk about the pretty iguanas that were in the neighborhood. : ) "Nuff Said"

SteveEJ
02-28-2011, 05:37 PM
How many hammers do I have? Between the Wife and grand kids, well, I don't know? Every time I think I have one because I just bought one I cannot find it! How do you count things that come and go at any given moment?

Deolman
02-28-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't need a guard squirrel, my wife learned a long time ago I can go ballistic in regards to my tools. Hammers, I have 8-10 of them. From a ball peen hammer smaller than your pinky to a 10 lb. sledge hammer. No two are the same and each does a job it is designed to do. I have two rolling carts full of tools and my wife knows better than use them. My kids know they may borrow tools but they better let me know what they take and it better get returned.

lilskip
02-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Well at least I'm not the only one. Where can I get me one of those Gaurd Squirrel's at do you have to train them? All I have is the little green frog that hangs out next to the porch light.

CarverJerry
02-28-2011, 05:54 PM
One way to resolve it is to stay single...........or make a sign with your CW that says,... "MY MAN CAVE" "NO WOMEN ALLOWED" "FEMALES WILL BE $#^%s" LOL or just don't ever teach them how to use a hammer.

CJ

dcalvin4
02-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Wife need hammer i go get hammer
H A P P Y W I F E
G O O D L I F E
denny

RogerB
02-28-2011, 07:26 PM
When momas happy everybodys Happy. buy a tool box with a lock works for wife and kids . LOL

bjbethke
02-28-2011, 07:34 PM
One way to resolve it is to stay single...........or make a sign with your CW that says,... "MY MAN CAVE" "NO WOMEN ALLOWED" "FEMALES WILL BE $#^%s" LOL or just don't ever teach them how to use a hammer.

CJ

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the-little-rascals-our-gang-hearts-are-thumps-1937/3e818b7e92b14d2e8e5c3e818b7e92b14d2e8e5c-310675833777 (http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the-little-rascals-our-gang-hearts-are-thumps-1937/3e818b7e92b14d2e8e5c3e818b7e92b14d2e8e5c-310675833777)?

I made one of them signs for my Son Rick, to put on his Shop door.

It was based on this video. Rick made the drawings.

Icutone2
03-01-2011, 07:21 AM
I have them sign them out on a white board with the date borrowed. That way I don't spend time looking for them.
Works for me.
Lee

TIMCOSBY
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
i had that problem too and seen these hammers at one of the tool sales for $1.00 each...came form china..now how can they make these and ship them for a buck a piece???? well went to pry a nail out and both fingers broke right off! i was hammering with one and the ball part of the hammer went flying that a way! live and learn but still they were just a buck each i still have 3 or 4.