PDA

View Full Version : I have negotiated for the purchase of a machine

crash5050
02-27-2011, 11:41 AM
As I have no artistic ablilty, what is the avaliability of free or low coast projects out there?

David

gregsolano
02-27-2011, 12:13 PM
The availability is almost endless. The best place for free stuff is right here on this forum. Many of the members of this forum also sell patterns and projects on their own websites and they usually have links on their posts. The mother of all free patterns and soon they will have full projects as well is at http://cwpatterns.com/. I bought a used CW about a month ago and I love it. Unless the person your buying from gives you their username and password you will have to contact Carvewright and provide proof of purchase they will transfer the machine and basic software to your name (everything is passworded so even the machine will not work if it is not registered to you). If the person you are buying from bought additional software or patterns from Carvewright they are not transferable unless you just keep the account in their name and use their password and username. A real bummer if they paid hundreds for the additional software. If they bought the scanner probe, the software will not transfer to you so be careful of that the software is not cheap.

lilskip
02-27-2011, 01:13 PM
I bought mine as a Refurbished Unit with the Carvetight Upgrade and a Scanner Probe off EBAY. It came unregistered so I didn't have any problems registering the machine the Designer software or the Pattern editor also, all for 1200. PM if you want his contact informations he has good Feedback and didn't have any problems..

lynnfrwd
02-27-2011, 02:53 PM
The Project of the Month Subscription breaks down to only $10 per project. That is a new one every month for a year.

mtylerfl
02-27-2011, 03:17 PM
The Project of the Month Subscription breaks down to only $10 per project. That is a new one every month for a year.

Here is the link to sign up as a Project of the Month Subscriber:
https://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=263

Here is the link to purchase past Projects of the Month (and others):
http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=261

You can see that as a subscriber, you will save hundreds of $$ over the 12-month period that you will be receiving a new Project each month. I think subscribers saved something like $440 last year.

crash5050
02-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Ok, so I am looking at these projects at the pattern depot, how much cnc knowledge do I need to be able to pull these things off? Some of those projects look pretty intense, For example, I am looking at that wilderness eagle clock, how much of that is done by the cnc machine?

Crash5050

mtylerfl
02-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Ok, so I am looking at these projects at the pattern depot, how much cnc knowledge do I need to be able to pull these things off? Some of those projects look pretty intense, For example, I am looking at that wilderness eagle clock, how much of that is done by the cnc machine?

Crash5050

Hi,

The projects are very step-by-step. All the carving is done by the machine. The instructions are easy to follow and have supporting photos to go along with. If you follow the directions, you cannot fail. If you click on the "TRY" button, you should be able to download the PDF instructions and read them. That way, you will get a good idea of how easy/simple most of these projects are.

mtylerfl
02-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi David,

Did you get a chance to download some of the "TRY" project files? You can view the PDF instructions but won't be able to open the actual project files (they have to be unlocked with a purchased license before those can be opened/viewed). However, the instructions have screenshots of what the MPC (project files) look like in the Designer software, as well as photos of the actual boards after they have been carved. Holler if you have any more questions!

crash5050
02-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Michael, I was the one who couldn't get the hanging heart thing to work, trust me...if there is a way to mess it up, I can do it. What software opens the MPC files?

fwharris
02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Michael, I was the one who couldn't get the hanging heart thing to work, trust me...if there is a way to mess it up, I can do it. What software opens the MPC files?

The CarveWright Designer software!!!! You open a project (MPC) file by either double clicking the mpc file or in Designer use "file" "open" then go to the file location and double click..