PDA

View Full Version : Dog Paw Prints

rcdages
02-25-2011, 10:51 AM

Here is a carving I just finished up for one of the gals here at work for her Mothers dog.
She has also order one with her dogs name on it, need to get it finished this weekend.

Same photo two differnt back grounds.

atauer
02-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Nice.

Where did you get the pawprint pattern from? Is it a font, or a pattern that was manipulated?

mtylerfl
02-25-2011, 11:10 AM
That's really cool, Robert! Nice work!

rcdages
02-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Alex,

I got it off a free font site. I have that information at home.

I will send you an e-mail with the information when I get home tonight.

rcdages
02-25-2011, 11:29 AM
That's really cool, Robert! Nice work!

Thank you Michael

TerryT
02-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Looks good Robert! Hey, is that.... it is..... GRASS! Gee, I haven't seen that for a couple of days. Mine is all white again and temps around 0.

atauer
02-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Looks good Robert! Hey, is that.... it is..... GRASS! Gee, I haven't seen that for a couple of days. Mine is all white again and temps around 0.

Okay Robert, Terry has a point...

and it leads me to a question.

Is it real grass? I'm about an hour or so south of you, and all of my grass is brown. Hasn't grown back yet.

What gives?

Capt Bruce
02-25-2011, 04:51 PM
It is February and we should be maybe in the 40s, but if you like I'll photograph a carving in front of the Daffodils all bloomed in my front yard. Mid 70s so far this week but all our fruit trees are in danger. Buds are about to spring, and then all it will take is one night below 28 degrees and there goes the peach and apple crop for the year.

guido5286
02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm in N.C. and my grass is brown too. It's been in the 60's for a week or so here.

LeatherMan
02-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Nice work Robert! Great idea! I think that green grass is "Trick Photography" though! :) Haven't seen any since September!!!! At the rate we're going here in Maine..... may not see any again til' July!!!

mtylerfl
02-25-2011, 05:10 PM
It is February and we should be maybe in the 40s, but if you like I'll photograph a carving in front of the Daffodils all bloomed in my front yard. Mid 70s so far this week but all our fruit trees are in danger. Buds are about to spring, and then all it will take is one night below 28 degrees and there goes the peach and apple crop for the year.

My pear tree produce about a dozen pears last year, is all. Normally, I tell the folks in the neighborhood to bring their grocery bags and fill 'em up, we usually have so many! The unseasonable early warm-up last year was at fault - fooled the tree into blossoming early - then a cold snap killed them. As I look out into the yard, the pear tree is blossoming again already! Hope we don't have a repeat of last year!

Ike
02-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Excellent work Robert as usual!

Ike

TerryT
02-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Michael,
That happened here also. Early warmup. Everything thought it was spring then suddenly winter was back and killed off half of it. Very few cherries and pears.

Ike
02-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Michael,
That happened here also. Early warmup. Everything thought it was spring then suddenly winter was back and killed off half of it. Very few cherries and pears.

We only got 16" of snow to the foot we already had! How much did you get?

rcdages
02-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Okay Robert, Terry has a point...

and it leads me to a question.

Is it real grass? I'm about an hour or so south of you, and all of my grass is brown. Hasn't grown back yet.

What gives?

OK Terry & Alex,
It is real grass and don't you just enjoy seeing it?
I live 18 miles south of Willis, Willis is were I work. My grass in Conroe is brown also, must be the northen location of Willis.
Really I don't know, it is nice to look at.