PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility issue

TerryT
02-22-2011, 08:36 AM
There seems to be a compatability issue with the pattern editor software (latest version 1.178) and internet explorer 9. I have been using the latest version for a while now with no issues. Two days ago I installed IE9 and noticed that I had a problem.

When using "Export to image" it used to save the familiar grey scale image. Now it saves an image surrounded by a red border. I'm using an HP media center with phenom quad core processor 9500 and 3072 MB system memory. Nvidia geforce 8500gt graphics card and running vista premium home edition.

When I switched back to designer version 1.177 everything is fine again. Reloading V1.178 brings the problem back. Even after unistalling IE9 and going back to IE7.

EDIT: Unfortunately the forum changed the pics to jpg from png and added the black background on the first pic. It is really a transparent background. The background on the other pic is what the pattern editor software is doing.

lynnfrwd
02-22-2011, 09:39 AM
I have notified software engineers.

TerryT
02-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Additional info;

Note the dot on the dogs nose. This appears on all of the images I save through the "export to image" command and always in about the same place regardless of what the image is.

Also did a system restore to a point just before installing IE9. No change. Again switching back to version 1.177 seems to get rid of the problem.

cmorlier
02-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. It is indeed a problem in the 1.178 release, some debug code got left on.

Has been fixed for the next release.

TerryT
02-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Cool. Now I can stop beating up on my computer! LOL