PDA

View Full Version : Some signs I have made

Kurtsara
01-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Up untill we bought the Compucarve I just made picture frames for some people and some end tables, but we have been making some signs and selling them at my wifes beauty shop in town.

I probably price cheaper than most but I'm not out to get rich just cover the expense plus alittle more

Nothing fancy just some signs, about 50 hours on the machine now.

pontiak
01-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Very nice projects. :D

Dan-Woodman
01-07-2007, 10:19 PM
very nice .
Where did you get the animal pictures in the welcome sign?

Kurtsara
01-08-2007, 04:37 AM
very nice .
Where did you get the animal pictures in the welcome sign?

That is the bulldog from the library01 (animat objects) and the ribbon also from the library01-ribbons

David M.
01-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Nice work, if you don't mind, what are the prices you have on the taged ones. I'm still working out how to price this kind of work. Also how much time do you have in these?

Kurtsara
01-08-2007, 06:00 PM
We have some 3 foot signs and some 2 foot signs, we are asking around $45.00 for the 3 footers and $35.00 to $40.00 for the 2 footers depending how much painting my wife does, like I said though we are not in it to get rich, just some fun together and maybe pay for the tools.

I don't know about others but I start the machine and I have gone into town while its running or even took a nap when I had a migraine, so timewise the wife has about an hour into the ones that she paints the letters and the we clear coat them, or we stain them and the when dry clearcoat them

We have a 30X40 polebarn so the space or the noise is not an issue, we have a cordless phone in the house and polebarn so I can dial up the polebarn phone to hear if the machine is running or needs a bit change or if it's a one bit sign or on the last bit I know when it's done

Sorry guys for being long winded

pkunk
01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
we have a cordless phone in the house and polebarn so I can dial up the polebarn phone to hear if the machine is running or needs a bit change or if it's a one bit sign or on the last bit I know when it's done

I gotta know! How do you call the phone in the barn & 2) get it to answer so you can hear if its running?

Kurtsara
01-08-2007, 07:08 PM
we have a cordless phone in the house and polebarn so I can dial up the polebarn phone to hear if the machine is running or needs a bit change or if it's a one bit sign or on the last bit I know when it's done

I gotta know! How do you call the phone in the barn & 2) get it to answer so you can hear if its running?

It's a Uniden cordless I push a button called room monitor then I can choose the phone base/charger or any other handset

Digitalwoodshop
01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Radio Shack has a intercom that just plugs into your 115 volt outlet. The signal goes over the 115 Volt power wires. The only limitation is that both intercom's need to be on the 115 Volt side of the power pole transformer. My shop feed's off of the same pole transformer as the house so the intercom works between the house and shop. It has 2 channels and a "lock on" transmit switch. This would let you use Channel B for the CarveWright channel to the house and another unit on Channel A could talk to the shop. You can add as many units as you want, garage, kitchen, living room, bathroom (Library).... Next a video feed from the CarveWright..... I already wired my shop with video cables for a ShopBot that WAS on my wish list.... Not any more... AL

David M.
01-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Another thing that you could use is a baby monitor, plug it in and your all set. $50.00 at Target.