PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a new user

mwhatch
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi all, my name is Morton Hatch.

I would like to start by saying thanks to Michael T. for his encouragement and support in helping me to make the decision to buy the CW.

I live in NE Oklahoma. I am an Aircraft worker by trade. I have been doing CNC woodworking for about a year now. I looked at the CW back when I was starting out but did not get one because of all the issues I had read about. I bought a desktop CNC from Zenbot that I really like. My only issue with it is the cutting size, 12x16. I would like to have the ability to cut some larger projects so I started looking at the CW again now that version C is out. I bought one off the shelf at Lowes about a week ago. Also got the extended warranty.

I have run a few successful projects including Michael T's round sundries box.(Tips and Tricks, April 2009)

I look forward to meeting all you fine people on this forum and to sharing ideas.

lynnfrwd
02-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the CW Family and our forum!

Icutone2
02-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Welcome! Hoping to see some work from you soon.
Lee

cnsranch
02-21-2011, 02:55 PM
We're not too far apart - I'm about 2 hours north of you, and my son and d'inlaw are in temporary quarters in Pryor, OK.

Welcome.

mtylerfl
02-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Hi Morton!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new machine! When you are able, you may want to post some pics of your projects in the Gallery section (we love photos!).

As you know, we are all eager to help you with any questions you may have, so don't be shy!

Welcome to the Forum and this great community!

cnsranch
02-21-2011, 04:13 PM
When you are able, you may want to post some pics of your projects in the Gallery section (we love photos!).

I'm eager to see if this guy is worth his salt.

Salt, get it?

Pun intended.

C'mon....

Capt Bruce
02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the Forum Morton,

And first of all never mind Jerry. We normally keep him on his leash but sometimes he gets loose . . . We're a friendly group here and you'll always get good advice to help with your questions or when you want to learn more about something you've seen here. Enjoy your CW and keep us posted on what you're making.