PDA

View Full Version : My last few projects

myshop1044
02-20-2011, 01:01 PM
The forum is a great place to pick up info and Ideas. Having a some time on my hands between shows, I review the tips and tricks on pattern layering and clipping and applied the methods to the projects I have shown.
The Pelican is a standard pelican ptn, then I added an oak tree and old dead tree to the bottom of the oval and cliped them. The back ground is a water pic. that I turned into a pattern myself. When you stretch it enough you get a good effect.
I picked this method up from a tip on the fourm one night, how to turn a picture into a background pattern.
But all this would not have happen with the painting effect. My wife was able to put detail on the logs and the bushes to really give it some depth.

I have review a lot of Bud's viedos just to refresh my abilties.
Beside the pelican I also created some clocks, I call them hunting, fishing and woodworking.
It's fun to be able to pick up free patterns and use them to create something good.
I do believe in buying good patterns, with great detail, they do return a good price many times over.

Myshop

Kenm810
02-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Nice looking Clocks,and a Super Pelican -- plus remember to tell your wife that it's another great paint job.

Old Salt
02-20-2011, 03:07 PM
very nice, love the painting ,good work!

mtylerfl
02-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Perry,

Fantastic projects - again! Looks like you're having a ton of fun!

easybuilt
02-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Perry,
Very nice clocks and pelican. You have done a great job in creating the project and your wife does am excellent job in painting them! I appreicate you telling us how you created them!
Thanks for sharing and giving me some ideas!

SharonB
02-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Perry....superb projects. It's almost a "clock for every season." And the pelican looks so real....compliments to your wife on her painting.