PDA

View Full Version : Hello and what am I forgetting?

Tao
02-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Hello all, my wife just got me the carvewright for my birthday, as well as all the attachments, and I mean ALL of them. So I have the flex shaft in lube now, I have been reading forums like mad, head pressure is checked, trucks checked and lead screws lubed. The Ringneckblues dust collector is in the mail. I have plugged it in and unlocked the machine but not carved anything, waiting for the dust collector. So what did I forget to do? Any advice would be great.

Very Respectfully,

Joe

fwharris
02-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Hello all, my wife just got me the carvewright for my birthday, as well as all the attachments, and I mean ALL of them. So I have the flex shaft in lube now, I have been reading forums like mad, head pressure is checked, trucks checked and lead screws lubed. The Ringneckblues dust collector is in the mail. I have plugged it in and unlocked the machine but not carved anything, waiting for the dust collector. So what did I forget to do? Any advice would be great.

Very Respectfully,

Joe

Joe,

Welcome to the forum and glad you put joining on your list of things to do before carving.

I would recommend going to the tips and tricks section (link provided in my signature) and start reading. Take advantage of the ones dealing with the designer tips for getting familiar with the software and to set up projects.

Welcome aboard and thanks for ordering my DC-Insert, it is in the mail!

Old Salt
02-15-2011, 07:55 PM
I would start to cut some thing . center line will not creat to much dust that can,t cleaned up with a vac later.
have some fun with it.

JDPratt
02-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Read the tips and tricks!!! they are a huge help and will help to avoid a lot of problems. I think one thing that really helped me was to spend about two days going through the trouble shooting thread. it will allow you to see the problems and mistakes that others have made so that you don't repeat them or at least you know how to fix the simple problems. Of course, always do what Al says..Use tape.

Icutone2
02-16-2011, 09:16 AM
I would also check the height of the top head at all 4 corners, to be the same.
Lee

PCW
02-16-2011, 09:23 AM
If you haven't done so all already this is a good read.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17447-What-Every-Newbie-Should-Know

Tao
02-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks all, I did check the head height based on another post in troubleshooting and have read the tips and tricks. PCW, thanks I saw that thread and thats what made me think to post here. Fwharris, can't wait to get the DC. old Salt, the one who controls the money informed me that if I was going to spend that much on a new dust collection set up I could damn well wait until tuesday to make chips. Thanks again guys.