PDA

View Full Version : I have a question.

pontiak
01-06-2007, 08:40 PM
My machine will be at my local Sears 1-9-07. So I have not got it yet. I downloaded the free stuff. It shows square stock wood. How do you make oval signs and different shape projects. Will the machine cut it from the square board?Are there any videos of the machine in action,other than there website?Sorry for the NEWBIE questions. Just can't wait to get it running.

Dan-Woodman
01-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Play and practice with the designer software.
You can go to drawings and pick , oval rectangle ,square etc.
and yes the machine will cut the shape out for you .
The only other video I know of is the woodworking club I'm in videotaped my demonstration of the carvewright at our meeting back in Sept.06. only avaiable to members though.

Jeff_Birt
01-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Yes, you can cut oval signs out of rectangular stock. When you start a new project in Designer you start with a view of a blank piece of rectangular stock. Inside this stock you can draw an oval shape that represents the outside of you oval shaped sign (be sure to stay at least 3/4" away from the edges). You can then use the 'Cut out' tool in Designer to cut the part out along this path.

pontiak
01-06-2007, 09:41 PM
So you can draw just about any shape that will fit on the square board. The machine will cut it? I plan on making address signs to sell. Many different shapes.Man this looks like one nice machine. Can't wait till the 9Th.Thanks guys for the info.Mike Westville,N.J.

Dan-Woodman
01-06-2007, 09:51 PM
After you select your oval or whatever , then you can select "region" and it will create a carved region in the oval , then you can select text and rite your message.
You can also selct the depth of the region. Defalt is 1/4" each time.
So you may have to adjust that up or down.