PDA

View Full Version : Merge/Clip/cut path problem

Shockur
02-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi guys, Probably a simple problem. Couldn't find an exact answer searching the forum. I'm combining 2 patterns.... I merge additive them and then on the 2nd pattern I clip exclusive. Works fine. The picture needed more Umph though. So I drew a circle around them and made a cut path. The 2nd pattern disappeared. Tried merging the circle with everything else. nothing. Messed with the cut depths and heights, nothing. Restarted design. Did circle first and followed with the rest. still nothing. I even started over with 2 other random patterns and got the same result when I added the circle with the cut path. Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions?

AskBud
02-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi guys, Probably a simple problem. Couldn't find an exact answer searching the forum. I'm combining 2 patterns.... I merge additive them and then on the 2nd pattern I clip exclusive. Works fine. The picture needed more Umph though. So I drew a circle around them and made a cut path. The 2nd pattern disappeared. Tried merging the circle with everything else. nothing. Messed with the cut depths and heights, nothing. Restarted design. Did circle first and followed with the rest. still nothing. I even started over with 2 other random patterns and got the same result when I added the circle with the cut path. Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions?try this!
Bring in both patterns with NO MERGE. Set them to the same depth.
Now, highlight both and set to Clip-exclusive (I think that is what you want).
Next, draw your circle and apply your "Carve Region" (I think that is what you meant), and set it to Merge Additive.
You should now have what you desire.
AskBud

Shockur
02-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks Bud, I think that did the trick. Funny that your the one who responded first. I've been sitting at the computer for the past hour watching some of YOUR Tutorials. Still trying to get my feet wet with this machine, but I am getting there...Baby steps...