PDA

View Full Version : When changing a bit???

hss1
01-06-2007, 06:03 PM
I was in the middle of a project and the machine was ready for me to change it's bit. When I changed it it just kept asking for the bit over and over. I started watching it and when it went to the back of the machine (opposit of the key pad) the level that pops out for the bit to touch was not coming out. I hear the noise of it activating every now and them, but for the most part nothing. I removed the panel on that end and was able to manual move it into place so the bit would touch it and was able to complete the piece I was on. Does anyone know what has happened???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Henry S. Swearingen

Bill
01-06-2007, 07:12 PM
hss1,
This may be a problem myself and some others have had.
There are two switches, one on each side of the cover.
There is a small protrusion on the cover one each side (under the cover top)
these protrusion activate the switches on the left and right side of the cover.

The switch on the right side activates the head to travel all the way to the swing arm
that the bit comes down to touch (senses)
The front cover may not be closing all the way to activate switch under the cover..
Try pushing down on the cover if this works push the cover down and tape it closed
this will work until you give the folks at CW a call.

Hope I explained this correctly and hope this helps.
Bill.

hss1
01-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Thank you Bill. I took your advice and held down the cover and it did seem to make a little difference, but as I watched I noticed that the Y-Truck is not going all the way over to the back of the machine and I am now beginnig to received Y-Axis errors. Does anyone know how to correct this???

Thanks,

Henry S. Swearingen

Kurtsara
01-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you Bill. I took your advice and held down the cover and it did seem to make a little difference, but as I watched I noticed that the Y-Truck is not going all the way over to the back of the machine and I am now beginnig to received Y-Axis errors. Does anyone know how to correct this???

Thanks,

Henry S. Swearingen

I had the same problem last week, that lever only comes out when the truck hits it, my lever had a flat spot from the truck hitting it is what Chris from Carvewright and I figured out last week, I took a very small file in and filed down to a nice smooth curver corner the spot where the truck hits it and it has worked since the, kow(knock on wood)

Rick Devine
01-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I just discovered that the bit arm on my machine was not extending. Since it is accuated by contact with the truck, I noticed that I could not manually push the truck over far enough to push out the arm. I did notice that the top of the case bulged slightly when I tried to move the truck to the right. Come to find out, there is a wire hold down clip that had worked its way up the wire that was now between the case and the heat sink on the back of the truck. This prevented the truck from going all the way over to the right. Pushing the clip back down the wire to its proper place corrected my problem. Maybe that is your issue also.

I did receive the following from Carvewright to help in diagnosing my problem. I spoke with one of the technicians and he indicated that if the attached procedures didn't work, I would have to send the machine to them. I'm glad I found the problem.....

hss1
01-08-2007, 08:02 AM
I have not had a chance to get back to my machine to check if it has a flat spot that needs to be filed, but I will.

Rick, I can not download your pdf file. I tried both of them and they both come up blank. I feel that this would be valuable information that I could possible use now and to file away for future reference.

Again thanks to everyones help.

Henry S. Swearingen

Rick Devine
01-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Henry,

I was able to download the file on two different machines. Are you trying to open it or download it? You will need Adobe PDF reader to open it. You can get a free reader from adobe at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html. If you had the reader we could try through a personal message and a direct email.

Rick

BobHill
01-08-2007, 08:57 AM
If you have Acrobat Reader (for PDF files) and the download will still not open, you may need to update your Reader version. It's probably written in version 7 format which earlier versions will not recognize. The new Reader and version of Acrobat is now up to version 8. As previously written, it's available (Reader that is) Free from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html You must, however be using Windows XP with SP 2.

Bob

hss1
01-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Thank you Bob. I was running Reader 5 and when I upgraded to 8 the file down loaded okay. I will have to check all this out this afternoon.

Again thanks,

Henry S. Swearingen

BobHill
01-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Glad that worked for you Henry.

Bob

hss1
01-10-2007, 07:28 AM
I want to thank Rick Devine for the pdf file. My problem turned out to be the bearing sweeper that was mentioned in that document.

Thanks again Rick.

Henry S. Swearingen

Rick Devine
01-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Glad to be of help Henry.

Rick Devine
01-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Glad to be of help Henry.

pterris
01-25-2007, 04:36 PM
thanks to rick devine for the pdf file to trim the sweeper. that did the job for me. :D