PDA

View Full Version : I could be a Dentist!!

Gean
02-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Got my new brushes this past week (over 300 hrs on old ones). Read the threads about removing the motor and doing the disassembly. Was a little nervous about that. When I saw where the port was for the top brush, I decided to use a mirror to look about the bottom one. Low and behold it's easily accessible from below. Installed the top brush first to know what to expect, then removed the bottom screw cap and the old brush, used a little compressed air to blow some dust around then inserted the new brush and after a couple of tries got the threaded cover on, all while looking in the mirror (just like my dentist). Put the cover back on, installed the flex shaft and then for the test......put in a board and let it start a project...JACKPOT smooth running motor.

Gean

fwharris
02-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Gean,

Thanks for that tip! Great test for hand eye coordination!!

Digitalwoodshop
02-13-2011, 06:22 PM
You missed an opportunity to blow the sawdust out of the case.... But your back up and running.... "Good Job" !!!! I tried that up side down and gave up.... Glad I did...

Where is your machine? Basement or Garage?

This is a good opportunity to ask everyone if they have a Smoke Detector mounted above there machine? And if you don't? Why...?

Not my Laser....

Look at the picture dates... Every picture is different.... So every time you open the cut motor you will find some dust. The back half of the Fan draws air through the vents next to the brushes and out the muffler. Past the Stator and Armature "Through" the Motor.

Don't forget that screw inside the Muffler Port when opening the Cut Motor and look at the position of the wires near the moving parts... Even I had a wire cut slightly by a moving part... Get them in the correct position when closing it up.

AL

dcalvin4
02-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Al i wonder if i cut those little air intake slits on the motor if that would get rid of some of the hi pitch router noise ..it seem like all hi r.p.m. motors have that same sound...
Maybe to keep the small chips out of the inside of the motor how bout wraping the motor with the wifes panty hose ...
200 hours on CW and200 yards of masking tape
thank you for helping keep these machines running
denny