PDA

View Full Version : CoralDRAW and PhotoShop questions

MrFTAMan
02-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I am looking for the right software to buy but am confused about what to get. Would CaralDRAW 8 be good for creating Logos and lettering? I have read posts about using Coral
DRAW but no mention of what version used, and I have been searching on Ebay for CoralDRAW softwares at very reasonable prices.
At this moment I have PhotoShop 5 in my computers, for photo purposes. Would this do, or do I need to go to newer versions? I want to use photos on my Carvewright projects.
What should I avoid buying as far as the softwares are concern?
Thanks

robbrigg2
02-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I use all of them Corel 8, Adobe Illustrator 3, Adobe Photoshop 3, Adobe Illustrator 5, Adobe Photoshop 5. You can use ANY one of these programs to do lettering and logos. If you only had one of them it is THE ONE YOU HAVE. Photoshop gives more versatility then AI or Corel draw. However, on feature of the AI and Corel Draw programs that is nice is the Vectorization ability which means you can take an image file and turn it into a vector file when makes for very clean carving. However using photoshop along with Gaussian blur, you can make some fantastic Letterized graphics with crisp, clean carving details. Just my two cents. No need to buy anything else right now. Learn to use what you have. If you want a good drawing program use Blender it's downloadable for free and you have everything you need without any out put of hard earned cha-ching.

MrFTAMan
02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Thank you, Robert! I do have the Blender in my computer.
So, I am set to go!