PDA

View Full Version : E06-Z axis stall

turnzwood2
02-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I am trying to cut a groove with a 1/2 inch cutter. The program is stopping at the point of entry with the Z axis stall code. Restarting the program has not cleared the problem. I have run this pattern dozens of times without this error code before. What do I need to clean, adjust, etc.?

Digitalwoodshop
02-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Well we have the usual suspects... The L2 bad on the Power Supply, the Power Supply just bad.... OR the FFC big flat ribbon Cable has a broken lead inside... OR the Rails are dirty or Belt cogs have sawdust in the Cogs... OR you have a frozen bottom left, keypad side roller bearing.... OR... The board came out from under a roller and caused the stall....

Need more details to go further... 2nd Post... Welcome... Be sure to read the Tips and Tricks for possible Pilot Errors....

AL

AskBud
02-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I am trying to cut a groove with a 1/2 inch cutter. The program is stopping at the point of entry with the Z axis stall code. Restarting the program has not cleared the problem. I have run this pattern dozens of times without this error code before. What do I need to clean, adjust, etc.?
I presume that you have the carveTight chuck, or the Rock Chuck.
Try mounting your 1/2" bit with a little more of the shank within the chuck.
Let us know if this solves your error.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
02-12-2011, 07:09 PM
In another thread I was reminded of the increase number of Encoder Disks in the back of the Z Motor starting to spin free of the shaft... Needing a drop of glue...

OR like in my case.... Sawdust shavings...

That can cause a Z Stall.

AL

liquidguitars
02-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I presume that you have the carveTight chuck, or the Rock Chuck.
Try mounting your 1/2" bit with a little more of the shank within the chuck.
Let us know if this solves your error.
AskBud

Sound right to me especially if the error appearers when the bit is raising after bottoming out next to the keypad.