PDA

View Full Version : I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mannwranglers
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm still getting the Z AXIS STALL 313!!!!!!

I put a new FFC cable in it.....and still getting that ZAXIS STALL
Does anyone know how tight the belt has to be on the Y TRUCK motor that is attached to the Z TRUCK MOTOR???

The ONLY thing I know t do is ship it back to L.H.R. .....and I know that they are gonna charge me an arm and a leg for what ever is going on with it....and charge me another arm and leg to have it shipped back to me!!!!!

I hope something will change for the better.......and 1 other thing....LHR is lying about the shipping......they charge $12 for the FFC cable to be sent to me and whn I got it...it only costs them $1.58 to send it to me....LIERS!!!!!

dbfletcher
02-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Unfortunately, that $12 is thier minimumn shipping charge. Other have complained about it in the past, and that's why many also suggest bundling all the typical maintenince items together when you place a orders part to help "spread" that charge over more items. While I agree it is hard to justify such a charge, there isn't really much we can do about it either.

blantz
02-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Have you checked the z-truck roller bearings? If they are too tight you could get a stall error.

Ike
02-12-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm still getting the Z AXIS STALL 313!!!!!!

I put a new FFC cable in it.....and still getting that ZAXIS STALL
Does anyone know how tight the belt has to be on the Y TRUCK motor that is attached to the Z TRUCK MOTOR???

The ONLY thing I know t do is ship it back to L.H.R. .....and I know that they are gonna charge me an arm and a leg for what ever is going on with it....and charge me another arm and leg to have it shipped back to me!!!!!

I hope something will change for the better.......and 1 other thing....LHR is lying about the shipping......they charge $12 for the FFC cable to be sent to me and whn I got it...it only costs them $1.58 to send it to me....LIERS!!!!!
Dang you stopped e-mailing me! The next step is Al's favorite reply the L2 coil power supply and this scares me I am thinking I need a ffc cable, but now I don't know? The best thing is to talk to Al Digital woodshop he has a fix and if that doesn't work then you need a new power supply.

Also remember your fix for the rollers could be the cause, I would try buying new bearing rollers first. Like we discussed the rollers are off set and without seeing what you have done. Have you tried moving the Z truck with the power off? If so does it move smoothly or is it jerky? Then it could be the motor?

E-mail me anytime you need help!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
02-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes, Ike is correct.... I am going to designate IKE as my replacement if I ever go on Vacation....

Speaking of Vacation.... My Brother went on a Cruise to 3 Islands down south and the group he was with had a guy dump his date to the week long trip. She was very upset.... She called Home Land Security and told them that his group had a bomb and was going to do bad things.... Brother shows up for the trip and gets a Cavity Search by Home Land Security... Along with the rest of the group including some wives.... Nothing puts you on your best behavior on a week long cruise then getting followed by HLS..... Women.... Scorned....

So back to the problem.... Yes this could very well be a Power Supply Problem... Something as simple as the L2 or like we had seen last week, a guy with the similar problem and after replacing the Power Supply no more stall.....

First was the FFC Cable and you have done that...... After the power supply there is the frozen bearings...

Since the bearings have a cam drilled screw hole, there is no such thing as TOO TIGHT.... It has a Top Dead Center then it starts to loosen it's PINCH on the rails.... Now if the rail had dirt on it like pitch and sawdust, then it acts like a speed bump.... Causing the STALL.... My trick to making sure I have turned the bearing to TOP DEAD CENTER is to paint the bearing nut flat closest to the drilled hole. THIS flat will face OUT when the bearing is in it's TOP DEAD CENTER or Tightest PINCH on the Rods.... I use Nail Polish... Work best, drys fast, and adds Class to "Christine" my Possessed CarveWright... She would never call Home Land Security on ME....

The LOWER LEFT or the lower Z Roller Rail Bearing is KNOWN to FREEZE UP.... I have replaced 2 on my machines.... The Sawdust is SHOT at the bearing area and gets into the bearing freezing it up..... Mark the bearings with a black marker and roll the head up and down....

Good Luck,

AL

mannwranglers
02-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Hello,

When I push up and down on it..... It does a a bit of a jerk to it!!
All of this started back in December of last year..... The board sensor went out.. So I ordered a new one and then come to find out I needed a new board sensor cable connector.
I ordered 2 and did not realize that you have to take out the Y truck.

I finally managed to get the screws loose enough to take it out..... But then I had to put new screws in the Y truck, only in the top.
The original screws that were in it, I had to grind them out with a dremel because The heads were rounded out!!
I believe I may have to send it back to carvewright for repair.

I start a new job at Mohawk in Bennetsville,SC this coming Tuesday morning....I've been out of work since 2 days before Thanksgiving last year!!

badger2424
02-12-2011, 02:02 PM
I had the same thing yesterday mannwranglers. The z truck seemed like it was sort of bottoming out and jerky about half way down. I took the z truck off and took the rods out, lightly sanded them with 0000 steel wool, turned them around and put the truck back on after cleaning the bearings with a wire brush and dry lube. I got the jerky motion out by doing that but of course it still didn't work. After checking the z motor out I found that the encoder disk (almost clear disk in the back of the motor) had come loose from the spindle. Put a little super glue on that, put it back together and I've carved 2 4hr signs with no more problems. Hope this helps you. Also, you can get the screws that goes to the y and z trucks with allen heads which makes them alot easer to work with. Just search "z truck screws" and you should find them. Done it for you http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16014-CarveTight-Z-truck-issues&highlight=z+truck+screws and look for jeffs post. I also got mine here http://www.soigeneris.com/.