PDA

View Full Version : Cut Motor

GRASSHOPPER
02-11-2011, 12:28 PM
During my last two carvings the machine stopped and said "check cut motor". I hit enter and the carving was completed with no problem. Is this a warning that I am soon to have a problem? Should I order anything to be ready for it?

mtylerfl
02-11-2011, 01:27 PM
During my last two carvings the machine stopped and said "check cut motor". I hit enter and the carving was completed with no problem. Is this a warning that I am soon to have a problem? Should I order anything to be ready for it?

Hello,

Unless you have more than 250-300 hrs. or so on your machine, I wouldn't be too concerned. That message crops up frequently for a lot of us and we just do what you did...press ENTER and allow the machine to proceed. If your machine does have a lot of hours, my understanding is it may be a sign that the motor brushes are wearing down and need replacing.

CarverJerry
02-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Were you by chance doing centerline text? Mine does that a lot when I do centerline text on a project.

CJ

GRASSHOPPER
02-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the info. I have nowhere near 250 hours and I was using centerline.

Capt Bruce
02-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi Grasshopper,
You will also get the same event when you have just started carving one or a set of vector lines. From personal experience it will happen every time and just pressing Enter will allow it to proceed and carve normally. My machine has trained me well so I just press enter.