PDA

View Full Version : How do i know who's pattern is who's

gwizpro
02-11-2011, 08:51 AM
HI, I am using a lot of patterns from here to carve signs and such and I want to give credit to who's ever pattern it is on my website. How do I know who made the pattern?

Thanks and super Thanks to all the pattern makers.

dbfletcher
02-11-2011, 09:22 AM
That is indeed a difficult task. That was one of the reuirements I had set when I started on the cd/dvd project. Since every item had the poster attached to it, it was pretty easy for me to work backwards to see who was the original poster (and most likely author or each pattern on then cd/dvd). Unfortunately, that project is in a hold state, but if you post your work... generally the author does leave a comment along the lins of how nice it is to see their work being used. If you downloaded my spreadsheets in the cd/dvd thread, it can also be usful for determining where the pattern oringaly came from.... but not as easily if you didnt donwload the thumbnails when I have them posted as well.

atauer
02-11-2011, 09:54 AM
As Doug stated, giving credit to the original pattern poster can be quite a daunting task, as there are a BUNCH of patterns on here and it is difficult to keep track of who posts what. The spreadsheet that Doug had started is a great resource and a great place to get started, but you will have your work cut out for you. Whenever I use a pattern from here, and I actually post the project when completed, I always put a note stating that I may not know who did the pattern, but give them credit for the pattern also.

and I agree with you. Super thanks to all the people who make and post patterns on here...

PCW
02-11-2011, 10:09 AM
What I did in the past was to make folders and sub-folders with the authors name and the pattern. It worked pretty good but Doug's DVD took all the work out of it.

gwizpro
02-12-2011, 05:19 AM
I do have Dougs spreadsheet. So, if a pattern I am using is under somebody's name, they are the owners of it. Seems simple enough. Thanks for the replies.