PDA

View Full Version : Help in carving this using centerline

judgejrt
02-10-2011, 08:17 PM
iF POSSIBLE WOULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW TO ADD TEXT IN CENTERLINE AND CARVE THE SCALES PATTERN 42025

TerryT
02-10-2011, 08:24 PM
judgejrt, the text will carve fine in centerline, but the surface is at 0.123 which means it will only carve if you have the conforming vectors addon. Without it centerline will not carve in an area lower than the original surface of the board.

AskBud
02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
iF POSSIBLE WOULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW TO ADD TEXT IN CENTERLINE AND CARVE THE SCALES PATTERN 42025If you have "Conforming Vectors", you should be set to go.
AskBud

dbfletcher
02-10-2011, 08:31 PM
If you dont have conforming vectors and cant afford it right now, you can still get the same result by seperating this in to two mpc's. This is what we all had to do before they released conforming vectors. If you search for "centerline in a carve region" you should get lots of hits of how to actually set that up.

judgejrt
02-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks TerryT for your fast response. I do have coforming vectors, but when carved with the scales ptn raised the text doesn't show up, unless I'M NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT (PROBABLY)

TerryT
02-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I attached the MPC as I see it on my machine. It looks good to me. However, you may want to use a different font. I see some odd lines between the letters that, I'm sure, will end up showing on the finished product.

judgejrt
02-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Terry T I tried again. If I carve the sign blank w only text the text shows up somewhat faint not deep.If I add the scales pattern (merge additive) the text does not show up at all, as I expected. Is there a way to make text deeper than .500 in centrrline or fool the machine to compensate for the thickness of the scales ptn ? or other solution?

earlyrider
02-13-2011, 12:22 AM
You could try the 60 degree bit, or check the BOLD box in the text screen,or find a larger (wider) font; or all the above.
Ron

Kenm810
02-13-2011, 08:26 AM
My Machine is down right now so I can't test this,
but I made the Sign Cut Path into a Carve Region Additive.
If you toggle the Invert Pattern icon, it appears to raise
the surface just enough to have both the Centerline Text and
the Scales show up --- and possibly carve.

Just a thought