PDA

View Full Version : Valentine Projects 2011

lynnfrwd
02-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I have gone through and gathered up some photos of past Valentines Projects and posted them on Facebook. Our Facebook Page is at http://www.facebook.com/pages/CarveWright-System/144249835596710

Please feel free to add you Username or real name to any of your photos. If I missed yours, please feel free to add it!

AND...I invite you to post this years Valentine Project on this thread and in Facebook! (okay, I suppose I can wait until after the 14th)

By the way, where was I during that contest two years ago?! Guess I wasn't active on the forum yet.

chebytrk
02-10-2011, 03:20 PM
A Rose Among Thorns............. now that was a great looking one. Like the painting on it. Do you know who made that one?

dbfletcher
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Facebook is EVIL!!!!!! I know way too many people who spend way too much time there. Talk about a time suck. But to each his own... I, for one, will never be found there!

Chebytrk: Im pretty sure that is one of KenM810's.

lynnfrwd
02-10-2011, 03:50 PM
A Rose Among Thorns............. now that was a great looking one. Like the painting on it. Do you know who made that one?

I'm not 100%, but I think that is a "virtual" gift. Still, I wish I could do that!

dbfletcher - Facebook is EVIL!!!!!! I know way too many people who spend way too much time there. Talk about a time suck. But to each his own... I, for one, will never be found there!

I understand! I have avoided the FB GAMES like the plague!

On the other hand, it is a great marketing tool and on a personal note, it helped me find lots of relatives that we didn't even know existed. My husband grew up hearing the story of how his great-great grandfather was the only family member that survived "The Great Storm of 1900" in Galveston TX. We have since had a reunion that brought together lots of family members even some from France where the family immigrated from. I've also had fun catching up with childhood friends and high school classmates that I haven't seen or heard from in many many years.

dbfletcher
02-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Ok.. here is mine... well.. not really "mine" as it was just from two patterns posted here by other users. Typically I have always painted my centerline carves, but this time I tried to pretend to have some artistic flair and chose to just paint the rose and the heart (in my mind making them "pop"). Again.. it isnt much... but it is the thought that counts right??

The photo doesnt really do justice to the smaller centerline text as it look pretty clear with just the naked eye... i guess the flash and the satin finish blurs it a bit.

easybuilt
02-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Doug, you did a wonderful job on the valentine. I love your creatively. Thanks for posting your project!
Tom

cnsranch
02-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Facebook is EVIL!!!!!! I, for one, will never be found there!

That's because you're here all the time.

TerryT
02-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Ok.. here is mine... well.. not really "mine" as it was just from two patterns posted here by other users. Typically I have always painted my centerline carves, but this time I tried to pretend to have some artistic flair and chose to just paint the rose and the heart (in my mind making them "pop"). Again.. it isnt much... but it is the thought that counts right??

The photo doesnt really do justice to the smaller centerline text as it look pretty clear with just the naked eye... i guess the flash and the satin finish blurs it a bit.

That is very nice Doug. I like it, good work.

lynnfrwd
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
I hope to see photos of your projects tomorrow!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Ike
02-14-2011, 06:21 PM
I made this for my son to give to his girlfriend. He sanded and finished himself.

Ike

Ducky63
02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Looks really nice IKE. I'll bet he got a big kiss for that.

liquidguitars
02-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Looks really nice IKE. I'll bet he got a big kiss for that.

+100!

Facebook is EVIL!!!!!!

yup it sure is.. but after I used FB to make a violin sale I was extra hooked.

eelamb
02-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Nice one Ike

Ike
02-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys we were gone for the weekend so I am sure he got a kiss! ;);););)