PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting picture not to have serious graining?

cdoyle
02-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm having a problem converting a picture into a pattern. It is actually a logo I guess you would say. What I'm trying to do is carve this into a piece of wood to donate to a benefit for a daycare provider at the school. I had the Idea because she was really into the kids, and the school. I thought it would be easier than it is. I have done several pictures, and I had a little problem getting the clarity but nothing like this. If someone could assist it would be much appreciated. You guys have really come threw in the past, and I hoped you could help with this one.

AskBud
02-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm having a problem converting a picture into a pattern. It is actually a logo I guess you would say. What I'm trying to do is carve this into a piece of wood to donate to a benefit for a daycare provider at the school. I had the Idea because she was really into the kids, and the school. I thought it would be easier than it is. I have done several pictures, and I had a little problem getting the clarity but nothing like this. If someone could assist it would be much appreciated. You guys have really come threw in the past, and I hoped you could help with this one.

Your photo is the problem! The "grain" is the color difference within this pic.
You need to get a different source for your pic.

AskBud
02-09-2011, 06:16 PM
OK, I went to the Web Site and copied the picture.
http://www.westsiouxschools.org/
here are two Patterns.
AskBud

bjbethke
02-09-2011, 06:33 PM

I remove the dark background, will these work? PM me for the patterns

PCW
02-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Good one BJB. I was working on this one trying to do a V carve but wasn't getting nowhere. Was going to have to redraw the bird by hand.