PDA

View Full Version : Commissioned Sales & Training Opportunities

lynnfrwd
02-09-2011, 04:59 PM
LHR would like to invite our Carvoholics to consider participation in a newly created program for Commissioned Sales and Training Opportunities. This program includes sell of the CarveWright System and many of its software and accessories without requiring the seller to invest in products. Transactions are done through our accounting department and shipped from our Texas location.

LHR is routinely receiving requests for training and the opportunity for potential customers to see the machine before they purchase. This program allows us to utilize members of our CW community throughout the United States to reach both existing and future customers. While affording you the opportunity to make some additional money with your CW knowledge and skills.

Those interested in more information should contact the marketing department at marketing@carvewright.com for an application packet, which includes a CW Minimum Aptitude Test, Commissioned Sales Agreement and W9 form.

Capt Bruce
02-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks for this lead in Lynn. We'll see how well the application process goes because I love talking about this machine and have done two seminars with Highland Woodworking customers.

lynnfrwd
02-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Excellent. You've got some great projects to show off. A photo album along with some smaller samples might be better especially with your new wall.

mtylerfl
02-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Hello,

Just saw this post and wanted to throw in my two cents..I think the new Commissioned Sales and Training Opportunities program does open up some great opportunities for everyone concerned. Win - win - win...You (the independent rep receives income commissions), the New Purchaser (gets to see a machine in-person, demonstrated by an experienced/independent user), and LHR/CarveWright (sells more stuff). It's a very good partnership, and I plan to participate too! Wonderful way to meet and talk with like-minded people! Not to mention, I do need to get out of the office and off the phone every once in awhile!

I'm leaning towards scheduling a get-together/Training class for the folks who want to participate in the new program, if anyone thinks that would be helpful (and fun!).

fwharris
02-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Hello,

Just saw this post and wanted to throw in my two cents..I think the new Commissioned Sales and Training Opportunities program does open up some great opportunities for everyone concerned. Win - win - win...You (the independent rep receives income commissions), the New Purchaser (gets to see a machine in-person, demonstrated by an experienced/independent user), and LHR/CarveWright (sells more stuff). It's a very good partnership, and I plan to participate too! Wonderful way to meet and talk with like-minded people! Not to mention, I do need to get out of the office and off the phone every once in awhile!

I'm leaning towards scheduling a get-together/Training class for the folks who want to participate in the new program, if anyone thinks that would be helpful (and fun!).

Michael,

My thoughts exactly! Just wish I was signed up a couple of years ago!

Your idea of the get together does sound good. Interested in hearing some thoughts/details of what your thinking....

robbrigg2
02-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Ok... so how do we apply? I would love it.. and I have the gift of gab too!!!

fwharris
02-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Here ya go...

Those interested in more information should contact the marketing department at marketing@carvewright.com (marketing@carvewright.com) for an application packet, which includes a CW Minimum Aptitude Test, Commissioned Sales Agreement and W9 form.

mtylerfl
02-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Michael,

My thoughts exactly! Just wish I was signed up a couple of years ago!

Your idea of the get together does sound good. Interested in hearing some thoughts/details of what your thinking....

Hi FW,

I'm "swimming" with ideas right now!

One thought is to have a 'tight' get-together and training at my place here in Georgia for maybe, 10 to 15 people. This could be geared specifically for those who want assistance in developing strategies to streamline a CarveWright presentation process and receive some guidelines for organizing CarveWright group demos in their own area. I guess you could say it would be a sales training seminar and 'confidence builder'. An environment where each person can feel free to ask candid questions that they might be "shy" to ask in front of a larger group. No one 'knows it all' individually, but as a group, we can tap into our group 'mind'!

Another thought is to create a CarveWright User Group experience, for anyone/everyone to enjoy. You know, sort of a "live" Tips & Tricks! This type of gathering would be geared more to the general audience, at large. It would be for those who want to learn more about their machines, watch/learn demos of the various software, meet some fellow carvers, and take away a renewed confidence that enable them to enjoy their machines even more. I had already been thinking about this sort of thing off-and-on for a couple years. Just recently started revisiting the idea and developing meeting "outlines" for the future.

Third possibility is to combine the two ideas stated above. Maybe a Thurs, Fri, Sat schedule with Thursday being the smaller get-together for the Commissioned Sales Training Group at my place, then Friday-Saturday at a nearby hotel conference room setup for the User Group.

Really thinking OUT LOUD here!

mtylerfl
02-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Very cool, I love this idea!

LG,

Wow! Even if you just did demo/presentations for the people out there wanting to get into guitar and other stringed-instrument fabrication, I bet you could make a fortune! ...hey, if I had a dime for everyone who has asked me "How do I make a guitar?"...man oh man. Unfortunately, I can't help them...I know nothing about guitars, much less making one.

LG, you are in a very unique position to help people realize their guitar-making dreams with the CarveWright!

lynnfrwd
02-10-2011, 09:30 AM
hey, if I had a dime for everyone who has asked me "How do I make a guitar?"...man oh man. Unfortunately, I can't help them...I know nothing about guitars, much less making one.

LG, you are in a very unique position to help people realize their guitar-making dreams with the CarveWright!

I had a conversation with a guy yesterday and kept repeating "I've never made a guitar, so I don't know exactly how, but I know it can be done." and one last week. You definitely have a niche market!

CarverJerry
02-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Making a guitar was my dream when I first got my CW, but after seeing what Brandon does with his guitars, mandolins and all the other things he makes I took one very big step back and said "there ain't no way I have that much talent." Its not all about having a program to carve a body. Even being a machinist for over 30 years I just know my limits, especially with "wood". Just getting my Les Paul set up correctly for my style of playing takes me a while. You have what it takes Brandon, and it's not just a CarveWright.

I just wish there was someone who traveled the country and gave in depth lessons on how to make these carving files, how to manipulate the designer program. Now that would be a good job for a single guy who knows how to do that.... I'd pay for a good class.

CJ

dbfletcher
02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
A guitar workshop? honestly I not sure how to arrange that..

If you throw in a free LG guitar with every sign up.. I'm there!!! And I dont even know how to play a guitar *insert smiley here**

On a more serious note.. I bet it would also really increase your sales as well.

mtylerfl
02-10-2011, 12:28 PM
A guitar workshop? honestly I not sure how to arrange that..

Hi LG,

Doesn't have to be anything "fancy". Actually, I think if you simply stood before a group and started moving your lips, they would be blown away with "learning what you have learned" in your journey figuring out how to use and make the proper jigs, your indexing techniques, recommended choice of woods and materials, your recommendations of suppliers for guitar parts, and so on.

You could also have a "show-and-tell" where you take them out to your shop and show them your various iterations of jigs and how they are used in the CarveWright (particularly the guitar neck jig - I don't think many people "get it" even though they have seen some pics you've posted). Plus - a show-and-tell featuring some instruments you've already made, your finishing techniques, and...oh my gosh...the list of your personal knowledge is a long one!

An in-person day or two with you would be 'priceless' for wanna-be stringed instrument makers. You can turn the "wanna-be's" into real-live luthiers! Don't be afraid to charge for your time! Anyone in attendance who is not already a CarveWright owner, I think would be strongly compelled to get one for themselves...then, you'll receive all the sales commissions to boot!

PCW
02-10-2011, 01:25 PM
I think you folks are onto something here. Workshops on design/maintenance/machine functions and heck Al and others could even do one on repairs.

[insert thumps up here]42019

mtylerfl
02-11-2011, 01:30 PM
I think you folks are onto something here. Workshops on design/maintenance/machine functions and heck Al and others could even do one on repairs.

All kinds of possibilities for gatherings and presentations! Somebody just needs to start doing some!

mtylerfl
02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Hello,

I'm thinking about scheduling a User Group around mid-June of this year. Any feedback on this?

EDIT: Maybe I should be more specific! To cover costs of renting a conference room, hand out materials, etc. most User Group gatherings do charge for attendance...usually between $75 to $100 for a two-day event. Location is still undecided, but I am leaning towards Brunswick, GA...I have not totally eliminated the idea of having it at CarveWright headquarters in Texas, though.

I am also considering what I mentioned before about having a specific/separate training day for those interested in doing their own CarveWright Demos in their area, and receiving commissions from any sales/business generated. Perhaps on a Thursday, with Fri. and Sat. devoted to the "regular" audience of users. Another possibility for the Commission Sales program folks is to schedule their training much earlier than June, so they can get started sooner! That gathering could be a little less "formal" but thorough nonetheless.

Any and all feedback appreciated!

fwharris
02-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Michael,

I like the ideas for the conferences and think it would be great to get everyone together. The only hold back would be the travel issues of course.

For the sales rep training would it also be possible to set up some kind of "live on line/video" session? This might be one way to get things out to everyone and help those who can not travel.

mtylerfl
02-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Michael,

I like the ideas for the conferences and think it would be great to get everyone together. The only hold back would be the travel issues of course.

For the sales rep training would it also be possible to set up some kind of "live on line/video" session? This might be one way to get things out to everyone and help those who can not travel.

Hi FW,

Yes, it will be great to get together. I know some folks may not be able to travel, whether due to time constraints or budget. That's kind of "just the way it is".

I go to several conferences and User Groups each year...some were within driving distance...some I had to buy plane tickets for. And, of course, there are food and lodging expenses. So it can add up alright. However, I have not been disappointed spending the $$ for any of the conferences/User Groups I've personally attended...all have been well worth the cost for me, at least. The most costly one I've ever attended was two days for $700 NOT counting food and hotel!

Some folks combine business with pleasure at some of the meetings I've attended...making the destination either a stop off point on the way to somewhere else, or if the destination has some fun things to do nearby, it becomes part vacation - part business. Since most of my personal travels are business trips, the costs are a welcome tax deduction, too.

Probably not practical to try to do a "live video" broadcast setup. Most meeting situations really need to be attended in-person. However, some of the User Group presentations could be put on a CD or DVD and offered to folks that were unable to attend. One User Group I went to a couple years ago did just that...if you were in attendance, the cost of the DVD with something like 19 hours of demos was $99...if you did not attend, the cost was $149. (I bought one!)

In the live presentations, it was not time-efficient to show each and every tiny little detail of how to get from point A to point B, but the DVD included the whole enchilada. A lot of work to put together!! Something along those lines might be a possibility in the future, as long as someone actually has the time and skillset to produce such a DVD.

Thank you for the feedback. Good ideas and suggestions to consider!

TerryT
02-16-2011, 12:02 PM
I guess I miss understood. Early on in email talks with Joe I was under the impression LHR was looking for trainers and these trainers would possibly charge somewhere around $100 per person. But I get the impression now that the plan was for us to pay $100 each to go to seminars on how to train others?

Micheal, are you the offical trainer for LHR?

mtylerfl
02-16-2011, 12:11 PM
I guess I miss understood. Early on in email talks with Joe I was under the impression LHR was looking for trainers and these trainers would possibly charge somewhere around $100 per person. But I get the impression now that the plan was for us to pay $100 each to go to seminars on how to train others?

Micheal, are you the offical trainer for LHR?

Hi Terry,

Sorry, we have two "conversations" going on! I think I hijacked the thread from its original intent. Let me try to re-focus...

No, I am not the official trainer for LHR...just volunteering to help, if I can.

I would like to help train anyone who is interested in becoming an independent rep to demo and sell machines and accessories. A sort of "meeting of the minds" for a relatively small, targeted group. That goal is to boost confidence and offer suggestions on how maximize the greatest return on the time spent, as well as some ideas for organizing demo events.

The "other" conversation is about full-fledged CarveWright User Group events that is open to everyone. (That's where I got off track - probably should have started a separate thread for that!)

I apologize for the confusion - my fault!

cestout
02-16-2011, 01:45 PM
I have been to 2 wood working shows in Ontario, CA where CarveWright was scheduled and was a no show. Very disappointing. Also I submitted my name to do demos at Lowe's, but the people at the stores here in Calif don't even know what a CarveWright is. I would like to share, but I have no opportunity.
Clint

TerryT
02-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Thanks Michael,
I am easily confused sometimes.

mtylerfl
02-16-2011, 02:17 PM
I have been to 2 wood working shows in Ontario, CA where CarveWright was scheduled and was a no show. Very disappointing. Also I submitted my name to do demos at Lowe's, but the people at the stores here in Calif don't even know what a CarveWright is. I would like to share, but I have no opportunity.
Clint

Hi Clint,

Yeah, I've heard from other users the original CarveWright distributor for Canada wasn't too reliable, unfortunately.

My Lowes store here in town didn't know what a CarveWright was either. I showed the store manager a printout from the Lowes website to show him "Yes, Lowes does sell them!". Not all stores know about them (reminds me of Sears - our local Sears store never heard of the CompuCarve - nevermind that I bought two of them at that very same store!).

There's always opportunity - we can't depend too heavily on others to always heartily embrace our ideas, though. Sometimes we need to take the initiative on our own to "make it happen"! It's usually the first few steps that are the hardest.

mtylerfl
02-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks Michael,
I am easily confused sometimes.

Ha! Me too - especially between coffee breaks!

fwharris
02-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi FW,

Yes, it will be great to get together. I know some folks may not be able to travel, whether due to time constraints or budget. That's kind of "just the way it is".

I go to several conferences and User Groups each year...some were within driving distance...some I had to buy plane tickets for. And, of course, there are food and lodging expenses. So it can add up alright. However, I have not been disappointed spending the $$ for any of the conferences/User Groups I've personally attended...all have been well worth the cost for me, at least. The most costly one I've ever attended was two days for $700 NOT counting food and hotel!

Some folks combine business with pleasure at some of the meetings I've attended...making the destination either a stop off point on the way to somewhere else, or if the destination has some fun things to do nearby, it becomes part vacation - part business. Since most of my personal travels are business trips, the costs are a welcome tax deduction, too.

Probably not practical to try to do a "live video" broadcast setup. Most meeting situations really need to be attended in-person. However, some of the User Group presentations could be put on a CD or DVD and offered to folks that were unable to attend. One User Group I went to a couple years ago did just that...if you were in attendance, the cost of the DVD with something like 19 hours of demos was $99...if you did not attend, the cost was $149. (I bought one!)

In the live presentations, it was not time-efficient to show each and every tiny little detail of how to get from point A to point B, but the DVD included the whole enchilada. A lot of work to put together!! Something along those lines might be a possibility in the future, as long as someone actually has the time and skillset to produce such a DVD.

Thank you for the feedback. Good ideas and suggestions to consider!

I had no clue of what it would take to do the on line seminar and was just tossing it out as an idea. Of course it would not be like being there and that would be my top choice for something like this just for the one on one interaction. You can not beat that!

If I was to choose a location I would probably opt for Texas do to being closer for me to travel. That would also make it move convenient for Joe and the gang to participate and give us the opportunity to see their facilities.

Great point on the business expense write off. I just might have to go legit now! [insert smiley face!]

mtylerfl
02-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi FW,

Texas could still be a possibility for a get together (it's probably a good mid-distance choice for the majority). Joe L. told me they could accommodate approx. 30 people or so in the conference meeting room they have at CarveWright headquarters. Might be more suited for the sales rep training if we used their facility...or, someone there could shop for hotel conference room pricing near the CarveWright offices if we held a larger User Group event in Texas.

I still need to get some prices for a conference room at a hotel near me, in case we do a User Group here in GA. It's been years since I've organized a larger gathering, so don't know what the pricing is like these days. For a smaller group for sales/demo training (10-15 people or so) no problem hosting it at my house (space-wise).

fwharris
02-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Michael,

LHR's facilities would probably be a great location for the sales rep training as it should offer us the opportunity to meet those who we would be interacting with.

natebrown510
02-17-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm not much of a poster but I love the forum, especially everything you do for everyone Michael. I think the idea of some kind of user group conference is a really cool idea that I would be extremely interested in. While I wouldn't mind a trip to Georgia, or anywhere for that matter, to do it at LHR headquarters, or the general area, would be a nice chance to see their facilities.

TerryT
03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Sooooo, what's happening?

lynnfrwd
03-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Joe and Michael are coordinating Training plan. Aiming for Aprilish.

myshop1044
03-01-2011, 06:54 PM
sales/demo training : great idea, I for one, would love to do some demos in and around my area. (Lake Charles , lafayette, Baton Rouge to Slidell).
Maybe we could ask other CW owners in the areas to assist when a demo is done. They could bring their projects to show the people during the demo.
I'm only about 2 1/2 hrs out of Pasadena and would not
mind the trip for training. I would love to meet some others carvers that I spoken to on the fourm.
I attended a woodworkers show in Austin just to see the CW perform and I was able to speak to a CW owner about how hard
or easy CW was to operate. The demo and personal contact made up my mind.
So if this idea gets moving, drop me a line.

Myshop

Capt Bruce
03-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Just waiting to hear where we go next in this process (insert symbol for curious here). Keep us in the loop please.

fwharris
03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
The only info I've gotten is that Joe and Michael are working on setting up a training session around April. No other info or communication!

mtylerfl
03-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry if it seems 'silent'...still working on materials, dates, etc. behind the scenes. The plan is to give folks the best experience possible and with enough notice to make travel plans and so on. Please bear with us as the final tweaks are made.

skeeterman
03-03-2011, 08:39 PM
are we suposed to mail back the aptitude test and paper work? had to download and print out the test and other paperwork, what address do we send it
steve

cnsranch
03-04-2011, 08:53 AM
are we suposed to mail back the aptitude test and paper work? had to download and print out the test and other paperwork, what address do we send it
steve

Aptitude test - dam that lets me out.

lynnfrwd
03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
It can be mailed to:
LHR Technologies
Attn: Marketing
4930 Allen Genoa Rd Ste D
Pasadena TX 77504

or if able, fax to 713-473-6545.

lynnfrwd
03-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Aptitude test - dam that lets me out.

It's easy!!!!

cnsranch
03-04-2011, 09:42 AM
It's easy!!!!

I'm not so sure - I'm not even smart enough to find the paperwork.....

lynnfrwd
03-06-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm not so sure - I'm not even smart enough to find the paperwork.....

Send me an email and I will email it to you on Monday, if your interested.

myshop1044
03-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Lynn I would be instrested in the team
www.myshop1044.com (http://www.myshop1044.com)

lynnfrwd
03-08-2011, 04:33 PM
We have had lots of interest in joining our team. Thank you to those of you who have already sent in your aptitude test, w9 and signed contract. Some of them I have not yet received, so please send them in as soon as possible.

We will continue to accept applicants, so if you decide you are interested, send me an email at sales@carvewright.com or PM me and I will send you the information packet.