PDA

View Full Version : Cut Motor Voltage

Chino
02-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi Guys
Another thought. I took the cut motor out, took it apart and found no broken wires etc.
Since it's out and disconected from the CW I had a thought.
What is the voltage to the motor? I was thinking about putting power to it while it's out to see if it is alive. What do you all think?
Thanks Chino

Hi Guys
Today I got the new brushes for my cut motor. Put them in and back to normal. Talked to LHR and they said that the cut motor is 110V so I bumped it with 110V and it worked.
That was step 1. Step 2 was to put it all back together and see if it would carve. More later.
Just kidding. It works like a charm. Did a carve with no hic-ups.

Dan-Woodman
02-06-2011, 04:52 PM
I just happened to be reading through some old posts, and someone mentioned not to disasemble the motors as they will not work again after reassembly due to being demagnatized.
later Daniel

Digitalwoodshop
02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Daniel,

That only applies to the SERVO Motors used to move the X, Y and Z. They use a magnet and when you remove the core or rotor you need to use a "Magnetic Keeper" like I used in my OLD Analog Computer Days in the Navy.... OR have the proper equipment to re establish the magnetic field after opening it....

The Cut Motor uses a electric stator so the magnetic field is produced by the power.

As for the Motor... I believe it is 115 volts AC.... But have never tried hooking it up direct....

The Q1 Transistor on the X Termination Board is used to turn on and off the Cut Motor. I believe that when it turns on and off the Q1 that is acts like Pulse Width Modulation and can control the motor speed.... At least that is what the parts look like....

I would ask LHR if you can first....

Chino,

Cut Motor not working.... Check the C1 Capacitor on the X Termination Board for a BROKEN lead.

Check wires loose to motor

Check Right side Cover Switch Continuity.

AL