PDA

View Full Version : Cut Motor Brushes

Chino
02-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi Guys
Can some one give me a link to get a set of cut motor brushes. I've gone through the machine and checked wires, connectors, boards, switches and capacitor solder joints on the boards. The only thing I found were the brushes worn down to about 1/8" and a chip
out of one of them. I have a B machine with 335 hours on it. It goes through the whole sequence and wants to carve without the cut motor on. When it asks to install bit and you press enter the motor usually turns on for a second and stops which is normal and continues its sequence this dosen't happen now. Hence--check everything which I have.
Thanks Chino

dbfletcher
02-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi Guys
Can some one give me a link to get a set of cut motor brushes. I've gone through the machine and checked wires, connectors, boards, switches and capacitor solder joints on the boards. The only thing I found were the brushes worn down to about 1/8" and a chip
out of one of them. I have a B machine with 335 hours on it. It goes through the whole sequence and wants to carve without the cut motor on. When it asks to install bit and you press enter the motor usually turns on for a second and stops which is normal and continues its sequence this dosen't happen now. Hence--check everything which I have.
Thanks Chino

As far as I know, exact replacement are only available from LHR. You will need to call them to order becuase I dont believe they are in the Carvewright store.

badger2424
02-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Chino you might as order a couple of FFC cables and any other small parts to knock down the $12 shipping charges while getting the brushes.

Digitalwoodshop
02-06-2011, 09:18 PM
They are metric and I went through a few websites looking for the correct size and had no luck....

I recommend using the LHR version for a few reasons.... The Tether copper wire acts like a dog leash preventing the spring hardware from reaching the copper commutator. The Brush stops short. If you sand down a bigger version and the leash is longer and the spring gets into the commutator and destroys it... Then How much money did you really save by doing it with the wrong part....

AL