PDA

View Full Version : Check Tracking Roller - error message

Jonny
02-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Got this error last night. Posting the info here since the answer seemed so off-topic. Searched high and low, and the error and all the info I read talked about the o-ring on the roller sensor, loose wires, slippage, head pressure, all kinds of stuff. Turns out it was a compression roller stuck in the 'compressed' state. I just stumbled across the answer in the maintenance PDFs. During board measurement at project startup, it takes the board all the way to the right, and when the board comes out from under the back roller, the machine knows that the board is about 3.5" away from the bit.

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/CarveWright_service_cleaning_rollers.pdf

For anyone that has this error in the future, check those rollers first since it only takes a second. Stick your hand in there and on the near side push up slightly on each compression roller. You'll hear and feel the click of the switch. Also, you can go to the options menu on the keypad and under sensor check it'll report 'compressed' or 'released'.

badger2424
02-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Good job jonny, thanks for posting, that is always what I'm looking for are the fixes and not the problem. Maybe we could have a topic just for fixes for specific problems that people could post to make finding them easier than going through 50 posts to find an exact problem. I for one would USE that alot!!